Jewel 01/31/16 Mex. Riviera Sailing AFT PENTHOUSE 10664

We were in 10166 on the Pearl to AK in 12 - the room is great for 2 adults and one child - we did it with 3 adults and it was a bit cramped.

I did love the huge balcony - all of us could be out there with no problem. Deck 10 has the deepest balconies - and I remember them as being mostly open - I could look up at the people on deck 11 and down to onto deck 9.

On the Pearl the only other suite I would consider (esp in AK) would be the two deluxe owners suites on deck 15 (the Jewel does not have them).

You will be invited to a captains meet and greet (for suites only) in addition to the CC meet and greet and the latitudes party (if you have sailed NCL before). On the Pearl, we happened to strike up a conversation with the housekeeping manager - we had to leave the party early to make our dinner reservations - it happened to be our 35th. Before we left he asked our room number and where we were going for dinner. After dinner Anoop, our concierge, came by with a single layer cake and had the waiters sing "Let me call you Sweetheart" - it was a very touching moment - we had already had desert so they had the cake sent to our suite for later. When we got back our suite was decked out with the Anniversary Package - balloons, streamers, and wedding bell cutouts - they stayed up the entire week - we loved it - there was also another bottle of bubbly :).

While we did not have the whole suite décor - we did have a cake delivered during our first cruise on out 25th. - I think our TA tipped NCL off on that one - he also got us the suite upgrade. (spoiled us for life).

002.jpg.ef93253cc6f78920ff741cea578499e4.jpg

009.jpg.8f5ce1f1a600463b7084a7047ef8cd15.jpg

471835564_007(2).jpg.fb4056e189ff06c2b9001bbd99f9331e.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg.29a89eb099c7620c950bf507886aaa87.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg.9c540311a1e5d462f62a152753a54d80.jpg

My understanding is that the balcony on Jewel's 10th deck IS two feet deeper [10' x 10'] than the aft facing balconies on decks 8 & 9 [8' x 10']. There is actually room for two lounge chairs, two deck chairs and a tiny table if you want all that stuff.

If you stand at the rail you would be visible to the people standing at the rail of the 11th deck. If you stand, sit or recline in the "usual' 8' X 10' " area you will have just as much privacy as the other people who are lucky enough to have aft facing cabins & suites on decks 8 & 9.

On our last trip I spent the last night on the lounge chair just so I could watch 9 cruise ships jockey for position, then line up single file as they arrived at Cruise Port Miami - all docking within an hour of each other. Our ship was the first in line.

• 3 months later...

We are on the same 1/31/16 cruise as well! We would love to have an aft cabin but fortunately (un?) we have 4 kids and while we think we could all fit in an AFT cabin, NCL does not. So we had to spring for the Haven.

My wife and I look forward to (some day in the future) cruising in an aft cabin balcony with a beautiful view of the wake. So jealous. Have fun...Maybe you will see us around, I'm sure there are not many families with 4 kids running around on this cruise :)

-Sean