Jewel 01/31/16 Mex. Riviera Sailing AFT PENTHOUSE 10664

This is our first time on NCL.....we are very excited! Anyone have any experience or pictures from Aft Penthouse 10664? We have read some great things about this room and suite experience on NCL! Any advice? Secrets we should know about?

Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone here going on this same sailing?

We know we will love it! My wife and I have started to go on a cruise every year for our anniversary now.....hopefully she will love this cruise and wanna keep sailing in a suite!

What type of furniture is on the balcony? I'm hoping for at LEAST 2 loungers? Anything else would be a plus!

Are you also exposed to the people from the 11th deck and Great Outdoors? Will they be able to see you on the balcony if they look down?

I'll check out that video now....thanks!

There were two loungers on the balcony. Also a chair and table. You can have the steward arrange any configuration you'd like, within reason. You are a tad exposed from above but not too bad. Honestly, I never thought to look up and see if people were looking at me. The majority of the balcony is covered.

Sweet! If there are 2 loungers, a chair and tables that is enough for us.

Were looking forward to the suite benifets. We are not very needy people, but do like to have some perks when cruising....I'd like to get chocolate covered strawberries.....and have 2 brekfasts in our room a couple of mornings....but In plan on telling our butler ahead if time.

I'm really looking forward to the coffee maker! Is it too much to ask the butler to always keep the room stocked with creamer? I wonder if they have flavored creamer...hazelnut....etc...

Does the machine also have a milk frother?

The butler will take care of anything you need. I was never without any coffee, creamer or other that I requested. Matter of fact, we had strawberries, fruit plates and cookies daily.

We never utilized in room dining. We had the UDP and ate at Moderno's every day for breakfast and lunch.

The machine has a nozzle on it but I'm not sure if it's a frother, steamer or both. The butler will show you all about it.

If Teresa Perez is still there, she will take great care of you.

FYI, there's a special section in the theater for suite guests. It's on the upper left side and front. Great views and plenty of room usually.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Sweet! If there are 2 loungers, a chair and tables that is enough for us.

Were looking forward to the suite benifets. We are not very needy people, but do like to have some perks when cruising....I'd like to get chocolate covered strawberries.....and have 2 brekfasts in our room a couple of mornings....but In plan on telling our butler ahead if time.

I'm really looking forward to the coffee maker! Is it too much to ask the butler to always keep the room stocked with creamer? I wonder if they have flavored creamer...hazelnut....etc...

Does the machine also have a milk frother?

We sailed in many aft suites (including 10664 and 10666) and enjoyed them. Love the coffee maker! No flavor creamers. It does have a frother. I usually make a cappuccino.☺

We sailed in many aft suites (including 10664 and 10666) and enjoyed them. Love the coffee maker! No flavor creamers. It does have a frother. I usually make a cappuccino.☺

Awesome! So that means if I keep my fridge stocked with milk, I can make lattes! He he....is it LAVAZZA coffee? I've been to Europe a few times and love that coffee.

Would you do the Haven on the Jewel after this experience with the aft penthouse? Or have you done it?

I have not stayed in the Haven on the Jewel but I've been in it and seen the cabins. Me personally, no I would not. Both the wife and I agree that it's too small for our liking.

That said, others love it.

I have not stayed in the Haven on the Jewel but I've been in it and seen the cabins. Me personally, no I would not. Both the wife and I agree that it's too small for our liking.

That said, others love it.

I Dont know if we would do it....I love aft facing rooms....the idea of the haven is nice, but I'd feel secluded on that deck....I like to be in the fun of it all. Besides, I Dont really swim in the pool anyways.

You'll likely get an invite to the Haven as a suite guest, for a meet and greet with the Captain or other Senior Crew Member. Judge for yourself but sounds like you will agree.

Meet and greet huh? Fancy! Lol....What day of the cruise did that happen on?

I'm glad I'll be able to check out the Haven and Judge for myself.

Meet and greet huh? Fancy! Lol....What day of the cruise did that happen on?

I'm glad I'll be able to check out the Haven and Judge for myself.

I believe it was the 2nd night. There should be an envelope in your cabin to tell you about it.

Honestly, the only Haven cabin I would spring for on the Jewel is the Garden Villa. It's huge and the price is as well. LOL

The Owner's Suite is nice as well but not worth the price for us.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

• 1 month later...
Has anyone done the Cruise Critic Roll Call get togethers? How does that work?

We did the Cruise Critic Roll call for our trip on the Getaway, and it was nice to meet other people from here. We saw them throughout the week and always said hi and exchanged thoughts on the trip. We also had a cabin crawl set up that was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed seeing all the different cabins on board. We saw all different types from the singles up to the Haven. If they have one for your cruise, I would highly recommend it.

Cruizin...

We have done 10666 on the Jewel and the Gem. Mention to the concierge that it is your anniversary and perhaps some strawberries may appear! I think we got some for the daily canapes a few days, but I do remember getting them for our anniversary.

We just celebrated our 10th anniversary in a HAL suite and we definitely missed that coffee machine! It did everything but fly us to the moon :) As I recall we had 2 loungers, a chair, and a table on the balcony. We are all about the aft and would not consider giving up the view of the wake for some time in the haven. It was secluded enough to have some quiet time or if you wanted to chat with neighbors above of below, step towards the balcony.

Grab a bottle of Hazelnut creamer at the port and toss it in the fridge :)

Cruizin...

We have done 10666 on the Jewel and the Gem. Mention to the concierge that it is your anniversary and perhaps some strawberries may appear! I think we got some for the daily canapes a few days, but I do remember getting them for our anniversary.

We just celebrated our 10th anniversary in a HAL suite and we definitely missed that coffee machine! It did everything but fly us to the moon :) As I recall we had 2 loungers, a chair, and a table on the balcony. We are all about the aft and would not consider giving up the view of the wake for some time in the haven. It was secluded enough to have some quiet time or if you wanted to chat with neighbors above of below, step towards the balcony.

Grab a bottle of Hazelnut creamer at the port and toss it in the fridge :)

Mmmmmm...Hazelnut creamer! I'm all about the aft too...on don't think the haven is for us.....I enjoy being around other people on the boat, excitement...