Falmouth, Jamaica - Stables?

lbow2006

Hi everyone,

My husband and I along with our two year old son and my mom will be in Jamaica in November. As of now we are the only ship there in any of the 3 ports (Falmouth, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios). Given the limited number of people that day I'm assuming things won't be too crowded. Now I'm trying to figure out what we can do for fun that our two year old would be able to come along for.

The thing is my mom has never been out of the U.S. and Jamaica is the one place she expressed a real interest in going to (that's why I picked the cruise that I did) and I would like for her to see the most beautiful parts if at all possible.

I'm thinking possibly a horseback ride (do they let you ride with small children or is that a crazy idea?) to the beach? If so are there stables aside from Braco stables? I've read they don't take good care of their horses? :(

I read up on Blue Hole and Dunns River falls, but people have advised against that with a child so young. Would it be safe to do if I wore him on my back in a carrier though? (Obviously not jumping into the water, lol)

Are there any other recommendations for really having an enjoyable experience and seeing Jamaica? :)

Personally I would never take a child that young on a horse. They're too unpredictable and in fact the last time I went my sister got thrown off and ended up in the hospital. If they get spooked there's no stopping them.

Personally I would never take a child that young on a horse. They're too unpredictable and in fact the last time I went my sister got thrown off and ended up in the hospital. If they get spooked there's no stopping them.

Okay that was part of what I wondered. A few people had mentioned how incredibly mellow the horses were and if we had gone I would have only done it if he could have ridden with me on the same horse, but knowing your sister was actually thrown off makes me rethink that option.:(