Elation Vs Paradise

HELP!!! WHICH BOAT SHOULD WE CHOOSE?!?!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. HELP!!! WHICH BOAT SHOULD WE CHOOSE?!?!

Me and my famliy (beachmomma320 <--my sister and brother in law) are trying to plan our second ever cruise and we cant decide which boat to take!! it will be in october 2016!! for some help on getting to know us there are four adults ages (25-350) and one child (8) which boat would you reccommend??

the ELATION is sailing on October 8 to Nassau and Half Moon Cay

the PARADISE is sailing on October 15 to Grand Cayman and Cozumel

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!

ik its over a year in advance but we are planners.......

oh and we already know we want inside rooms so if you know a good spot/floor to book the perfect room let me know!!!

we work ALOT so we LOVE to have one PERFECT vaction and like to PLAN PLAN PLAN

EVERY LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION HELPS!!!

thank you so much!!!

Edited by futuremrspeaden

We have only sailed on the Elation and have a cruise booked for October 26,2015 on the Paradise our 7th. However if you have not been to Half Moon Cay I would suggest that over Cozumel. We have been to all these ports and really love Half Moon Cay. It is a very relaxing day. Just my opinion.

Happy Cruising!

I have not sailed Paradise, but I have sailed Elation a number of times.

I have always wanted to do the private island one as it sound simpler and less stressful.

We live where there are no beaches so that would decide it for me.

As for cabins on Elation, I know you would like inside cabins, but just for fun look at the oceanviews all the way aft on deck 8.

If there is a big price difference it would not be worth it, but if you can score a deal they are worth it.

The cabins are configured a little bit differently and are slightly bigger.

The location is good.

It's quiet back there and it is easy to get to the lido, serenity and the buffet area from there.

...there are four adults ages (25-350) and one child (8)

25 year olds will be fine on either one. Now, those 350 year olds can be a bit hard to please![emoji14]

Based on itinerary, I'd go with the Paradise. Yes, Half Moon Cay is nice, but I think that the Cozumel and Grand Cayman itinerary offers more variety for a group of people with various idea of what fun is. Not everybody loves to be at the beach all day.

I would choose the Elation because I LOVE the interior design on it. I also love Half Moon Cay because it is so beautiful! The water is so blue and the sand is so soft!

BUT, the Paradise goes to places where there is more stuff to do (i.e. Swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman). I think it's up to whatever style of cruising you enjoy. Beaches = Elation/ Adventure= Paradise

We voted for Paradise because you would have more variety of choices for what to do at each Port while cruising on that itinerary. We have cruised on the Paradise in 2013 & 2014 and everything was great for us & had a fun time.

Never have been on the Elation so can't comment on that ship.

They are both about the same actually - I have been on both and had fun on both cruises. As stated before, they are older, smaller ships but that being said - just enjoy! We sure did!

I would examine the ports carefully and choose based on where you want to go and what you want to do. You will enjoy either ship, as long as you are happy with where you are going! Have a great time! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would leave the 350 year old at home, with professional care of course!! :D Sorry, I could not resist.

Honestly both cruises look great to me, both itineraries, but maybe you could narrow it down to where they leave from and how easy it is to get there/leave from etc, price even. But both look good to me.:)

I voted Paradise though, because I love the Tampa area, and I love Grand Cayman and swimming with the stingrays is something that I was so scared to do...I am a scaredy cat! But when everyone got off the tour boat, including an 80 something yr old grandmother...I said to myself....how dangerous can this be??? Got in, and it was without a doubt one of the highlights of my life!

Edited by SMSACE6

I checked out your one and only previous cruise and enjoyed the read. If your only choices are the above mentioned I would hop on the Paradise to the Western Carib. But seeing how now some of the bigger Carnival ships are doing these 4 and 5 day trips I would elect for a bigger ship to get that experience. Or, heck with it, go for a 7 or 8 day deal. Then you get the full experience. Its amazing what just one day or let alone 3 to 4 extra days can do for a cruise.