Question about drink package

We are leaving on the Getaway on May 9th and we were going to purchase the drink package.

We were going to get the Adult Beverage card for my oldest son and the rest of us were going to purchase the soda, tea and coffee card. My youngest is 20 and so he isn't drinking and my wife and I probably wont have 3 adult beverages on the whole trip.

They told us if one person in the cabin buys the adult beverage card, then everyone has to. That makes no sense for people who don't drink or who don't drink much at all.

Does this sound right to ya'll?

John

Does this sound right to ya'll?

John

Yes, that sounds right. If 1 adult in the cabin wants to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package for alcohol (UBP), then all adults over 21 must. The son who is under 21 would purchase the soda package.

Some have reported getting away with only 1 person buying if they wait to purchase the UBP on board, but that seems like an occasional accidental exception to the written rule. I wouldn't bank on it.

Edited by LrgPizza

Unless there was some recent announcement I missed, the card is only for soda. Tea & regular coffee are free. Specialty coffee is extra and not included on soda card. Once onboard, you can buy the soda card for just 1 person if you want. If you pre order you have to get it for everyone in the cabin.

FYI...it's more expensive if you wait until you are on board.
True, but then everyone in the cabin must purchase, no way around it. The OP's only hope (and it's a long shot) is to ask on board. If they say no, they can give the older son a budget of $500 to spend on booze ($59 × 7 days × 1.18, rounded up a bit because NCL would normally charge more than 3 times that much for everyone in the cabin). If he uses that to buy 5 liters of scotch, whisky, vodka, and rum, that should keep him pretty well pickled for the duration of the cruise :p Edited by hawkeyetlse