Opinions on The Baggage Handling Company or other luggage couriers

winningstudio

I would be grateful for anyone's opinions on The Baggage Handling Company or other luggage carriers.

We will be travelling by train from Durham to Southampton in July with a connection change in London and we are considering having our luggage (3 or 4 cases) taken by courier. We are sailing on the Ventura.

What have you been charged and was it a good service ?

Edited by winningstudio
extra info added

We used the Baggage Handling Company to go down to Braemar in Southampton last November. We were sent the wrong paperwork first time round, but they were very appologetic and sorted it immediately. We were travelling down a couple of days early to see my mother in law who lives in Gosport, so had the cases picked up about 2 or 3 days before that to be on the safe side. They recomended having them picked up a day earlier than needed, just in case of a problem, which is sensible from our point of view.

I think their standard charge was £30 per case one way - we flew back to Manchester, so did not need the return. Worked a treat and would definitely use them again rather than lug all cases on the train. We kept one case with us and sent two down.

We have used the Baggage Handling Co. for our previous 3 cruises.

They 'phoned on Saturday morning to arrange pick up on Wednesday afternoon for our Arcadia cruise next Sunday.

Always found the staff friendly and helpful.

The service makes to so easy to fly to Southampton-only 1hr15mins from Newcastle!