Our Review of August 25, 2005 Sailing of Carnival's Liberty

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The highlights of Izmir are the Clock Tower,Agora,Tepekule (Smyrna),Kadifeekale (Pagos),The Hisatr Mosque,The Kemerati Bazaar,The Beth Israel Synagogue,The Anglican Church,Saint Polycarp Church,Alsancak,The Museum of Art and Sculpture,The Museum of History and Art and Architecture,The Museum of Ataturk.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='CrusinLiberty2006']The highlights of Izmir are the Clock Tower,Agora,Tepekule (Smyrna),Kadifeekale (Pagos),The Hisatr Mosque,The Kemerati Bazaar,The Beth Israel Synagogue,The Anglican Church,Saint Polycarp Church,Alsancak,The Museum of Art and Sculpture,The Museum of History and Art and Architecture,The Museum of Ataturk.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks,my husband and I have teamed up with another family for a tour that includes Ephesus and I just hope the kids enjoy it and don't get too restless which is my major worry.Do you know what kind of temperatures we can expect and what clothing would be suitable for Ephesus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thinking of cruising the Mediterranean on the Freedom in 2008 and the itinerary seems to be the same as the Liberty and wondered how Carnival Mediteranean cruises compared to RCCL.Anyways thank you for the review it made interesting reading

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was surprised to see this thread still going! I haven't been on this board in two years! I just want to say HI to anyone who is reading this thread and was on the 8/25/05 Liberty cruise. We were there also and got great info from everyone else who was originally posting. We took an NCL cruise in Hawaii last summer but we are going back to the Med this year on 8/18/07 on the RCL Splendour. I don't know if the original Liberty gang remembers but we were on the Liberty when Hurricane Katrina hit and there were some on board from New Orleans who found out that they had lost everything. I hope those families have recovered.

The 8/25/05 cruise was the best cruise we have ever taken (out of about 20 now) and I remember everything--If you have more questions just ask and I'll try to help. We are going back to Dubrovnik this time. We want to do something else besides the old city because we spent the whole day there last time (loved it!). If anyone has tips for Corfu or Kudasi, Turkey I would love to hear. Thanks and hello to all!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I can't believe that there have been over 8,000 views of the review I originally posted. I'm so happy that it proved useful. Out of the blue, I've gotten several e-mails from various people asking about the Med cruise. Hopefully, I provided some valuable info. I felt an obligation to write the review after I got so much info from other posters on the Cruise Critic web site.

My next cruise is on Carnival's new ship--Splendor--to Northern Europe/Baltic area. We booked the second sailing on 7/25/08. Right now, we've got 7 of the 8 couples that went on the Med cruise going on this cruise so it should be a great group.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name='mamagina']I was surprised to see this thread still going! I haven't been on this board in two years! I just want to say HI to anyone who is reading this thread and was on the 8/25/05 Liberty cruise. We were there also and got great info from everyone else who was originally posting. We took an NCL cruise in Hawaii last summer but we are going back to the Med this year on 8/18/07 on the RCL Splendour. I don't know if the original Liberty gang remembers but we were on the Liberty when Hurricane Katrina hit and there were some on board from New Orleans who found out that they had lost everything. I hope those families have recovered.

The 8/25/05 cruise was the best cruise we have ever taken (out of about 20 now) and I remember everything--If you have more questions just ask and I'll try to help. We are going back to Dubrovnik this time. We want to do something else besides the old city because we spent the whole day there last time (loved it!). If anyone has tips for Corfu or Kudasi, Turkey I would love to hear. Thanks and hello to all![/QUOTE]

We have also signed up for the new Carnival Splendor it is such a great itinerary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='seacrystal']I much enjoyed your review. We are not hitting the Med/Greek Isles until September of next year but reading your review made me very anxious. I truly appreciated your firsthand opinions of some of the places we intend to see. We also have booked Drive Amalfi for a Pompeii, Amalfi coast tour and loved reading what we can look forward to.

Thanks for a great job!;)[/quote]

DriveAmalfi's website is [URL="http://www.driveamalfi.com"]WWW.driveamalfi.com[/URL]

Archived