Everglades Excursion

BlueJacketsFan1

My wife and I are wanting to do the Everglade Tour with MIA transportation, and we have some questions. Is this a good tour or would we be better off to rent a car and go on our own? Do we carry off our own luggage for the tour, or do we set everything we will not need the next morning outside our cabin door the night before? Does the Excursion bus with our luggage stay at the site with us until we are taken to the airport? Thanks for you help.

Do you mean the CCL tour [debarkation city]. Please be advised you can only buy it when you're aboard the ship. Also be advised that they recommend you have a rather late return flight.

You leave luggage in the hall. You're given luggage tags noting you're on the tour. Bags in special area. Bus stays with you while tour takes place

I think its a great deal

• You get off the ship before everybody else, no waiting
  • They tote your luggage from the ship to curbside at the airport for you
  • Most important: It's a great way to make the transition from cruise life to real life
  • The next time you watch CSI:Miami at home you can say "Hey, I've been there" when they show Horatio on an air boat going through the everglades

Question- Do you think we can take the Everglades tour even though our flight doesn't leave FLL until the following day? I don't have a hotel yet, but couldn't get a cheap flight out following the cruise so I booked something for mid- morning on Mon. thanks for any info!

The cost of the Everglade Tour with Transfer to MIA is $35 per-person. I went to the Everglades when I was a kid and liked it. My wife has never been there and it sounded like a pretty good trip. I think your kids will love the airboat ride, plus watching someone wrestle an alligator isn't bad either.

I did this trip in April, when I went through RCL. It was awesome. Basically you are taking a an AC Bus to the Everglades, you store your luggage underneath, take an Airboat tour.

The tour was awesome, see some aligators if your lucky. Then they take you back to the starting place, you eat lunch if you buy it yourself. Then you have a 1/2 hour presentation of different animals. At ours they had of course alligators all different ages, snakes, spiders, a lemar monkey, a puma, and some others I can't remember, and they tell you all about them. Then for a donation of $2.00 you can take a picture of yourself holding a 3 year old alligator, which was pretty cool.

Once your done with that, they take you around the outside pens, give you some educational information and your back on the bus. Our plane left Miami at I believe 3pm and we had plenty of time to get everything in.

Overall it was a wonderful excursion, and next time I am in miami with a late flight, I'll do it again in a heart beat. Any questions, just let me know.

Archived