Carnival embarkation in Miami with wheelchair

erin327

We are sailing on the breeze from Miami next month with my in laws. He will have wheel chair assist boarding and has a handicap parking placard. We plan to park at the port. How does that work? Will we drop luggage off first? Are there handicap parking spots at the port? How far are they from check in? We couldn't drop my in laws off. We will need to stay with them (or at least 1 of us). Should we just park in handicap area and all walk over? Father in law can walk short distances (maybe 5 minute walk). Or should I try to come up with a plan to drop him off closer with one of us to wait for the rest of us?

Here is a link to the POM parking info: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp#parking

There are handicapped parking spots, but unless your vehicle is equipped with a specialized lift, etc. you will still need to pay. :( Parking at POM is close to your ship, but I would suggest dropping off your bags and in-laws and maybe your spouse, the park the vehicle, join up and head inside to check-in.

Have good cruise! :)