Transfer to airport

bobbisailsolo

I think Hurtigruten's transfer to the airport is mostly offered right after the cruise (you exit the ship and board the transfer bus), but maybe enquire from Hurtigruten to be sure. Anyhow, at that time in the morning I doubt you will have a transfer bus : is 6.30 the time of your plane or the time you are leaving your hotel? At that time the most convenient is probably a taxi (around 500NOK), but if you are onto the bus, the Flybuss (http://www.flybussen.no/en/Bergen/document/3403) also runs early in the morning.

630 is the flight! It was suggested I take the 450 bus to arrive at the airport by 520...so I will probably do that...I don't think a cab is worth $60 when they have such good public transportation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YIKES. We had a 9:55 flight and just barely made it I think with the 7am bus from the Fish market stop. The bus took 30 minutes longer than we thought it would because it went around to a bunch of pick-up stops before it really got started on the way to the airport - so nearly 75 minutes. And then about 75 minutes in lines and finding the gate - not easy there, our boarding pass didn't have the "A" on it and we needed a different gate and a long walk around. We had a full 5 minutes before boarding began so we weren't close to missing it but no time to spare. Hopefully at 5-6am there will be shorter lines!

Is your hotel cancellable? I'd think about taking the ship transfer directly to the airport and get a hotel there so I could start the airport process before 5am. m--

Edited by RMLincoln

630 is the flight! It was suggested I take the 450 bus to arrive at the airport by 520...so I will probably do that...I don't think a cab is worth $60 when they have such good public transportation...

Working from our experience, that timing is far too tight.

Working from our experience, that timing is far too tight.

I would say the same.

Bergen is a small airport but the downside if that if you are unlucky to have to go through security when a large group does the same (as it happened to me last february) then you will end up needind 30 minutes just for that and if the bus ride is longer than 30 minutes (it can happen) then you are in trouble.

So again I would suggest either a taxi or the previous bus (in which case, taking an airport hotel might be better if you want some sleep).

If you go with the bus, the Torget stop may be closer to your hotel than the Radisson Norge one (ask the hotel counter).

Security was slow for us, even without a group in front, and the journey took much longer than advertised. Leaving at 04:50 and hoping to arrive by 05:20 for a 06:30 flight is pushing the envelope and something I wouldn't contemplate!

Others may have stronger nerves and better luck!

There is a 4 am as well... I didn't book a hotel yet. I don't think hurtigruten has transfers that early. In the brochure looks like they start at 9am. I would rather not stay at the airport.... But I suppose if the logistics are better maybe I should...

There is a 4 am as well... I didn't book a hotel yet.

Oh sorry, I had in mind you had booked the Thon Bristol. Well it's easier then. If it is a week-day, you have Flybussen quite late at night. You can leave your luggage at the Hurtigruten terminal (they will be open late since the ship departs at 10.30pm), enjoy the afternoon and evening in Bergen, come back to collect your luggage and leave for the airport to spend the night at an hotel there (maybe even ask Hurtigruten if they may offer a transfer in the evening? But I wouldn't count on it).

I am going to book Bristol Bergen for my two days prior to the cruise. But for departure, I don't know that in the winter that I want to hang around bergen without a hotel room. If it's cold and rainy.. I may need a room to warm up in. Plus the Clarion is double the cost. For the same cost, I could stay in bergen and take a taxi to the airport!

I know that planning is half the fun, but aren't you overthinking this a bit? ;)

It will be winter all throughout your trip, you should have the proper clothing and be used to the cold by then.

Personnaly, I would sleep at the airport (there's a Thon hotel there, reasonably price), or take a taxi. Yes, it's a bit more expensive, but I value my sleep :p But it's your trip, pick whatever solution suits your own priorities.

I know that planning is half the fun, but aren't you overthinking this a bit? ;)

It will be winter all throughout your trip, you should have the proper clothing and be used to the cold by then.

Personnaly, I would sleep at the airport (there's a Thon hotel there, reasonably price), or take a taxi. Yes, it's a bit more expensive, but I value my sleep :p But it's your trip, pick whatever solution suits your own priorities.

You are so right about overthinking.. I need to get a life... Lol.

living in Michigan, which may even be colder than Norway, I do know how to dress.. But I'm thinking more about my luggage getting soaked than myself.. Oh well, I'll ponder this later on.

I decided I will just stay at the clarion airport... Will give me a few hours more rest. Decision made!!!

We have stayed at the Clarion twice after Hurtigruten trips. Very strange hotel (architecture), but really nice people at the desk and a decent restaurant. They even have (had) a breakfast buffet that started at 3:30 a.m. for people who have early flights.

We have stayed at the Clarion twice after Hurtigruten trips. Very strange hotel (architecture), but really nice people at the desk and a decent restaurant. They even have (had) a breakfast buffet that started at 3:30 a.m. for people who have early flights.

Jane, was this the Clarion at the airport?

Yes, this was the Clarion at the airport. We used the Hurtigruten transfer once; the next time we just walked (we had small suitcases that roll) to the main square and took the airport bus. The former is easier; the latter is less expensive.

Yes, this was the Clarion at the airport. We used the Hurtigruten transfer once; the next time we just walked (we had small suitcases that roll) to the main square and took the airport bus. The former is easier; the latter is less expensive.

Thanks Jane! I'll probably just use the Hurtigruten transfer when I disembark.