Princess Luggage to Airline service on Alaska Cruise

mbible

My wife and I will be on the Grand Princess for the southern Alaska trip beginning on May 16, 2015. We will be arriving in Vancouver early and our flight is late in the evening. We would like to tour Vancouver without lugging four bags around with us:)

I know that Princess has a service to take bags directly to the airlines but cannot confirm if they do this on the Alaska ships.

Most of the posts on the subject are several years old and would appreciate some current information.

thanks

My wife and I will be on the Grand Princess for the southern Alaska trip beginning on May 16, 2015. We will be arriving in Vancouver early and our flight is late in the evening. We would like to tour Vancouver without lugging four bags around with us:)

I know that Princess has a service to take bags directly to the airlines but cannot confirm if they do this on the Alaska ships.

Most of the posts on the subject are several years old and would appreciate some current information.

thanks

I think I read its only available in US ports?

I believe the service is usually called Luggage Valet. It is great! Have you tried the Princess website for info?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

I think that's the wrong program, isn't that the one where your luggage gets shipped by DHL either to/from the ship?

Think the OP is asking about automatic luggage transfer to the airport.

Well, I finally called Princess and found out that everyone above was right but let me give you the final answer. Yes, the Luggage Valet is basically for Home to ship use (but can go the other way) but is very expensive. The EZ-Check system used aboard ship (and can only be scheduled on board) is not available outside the US due to all the customs requirements.

Anyway thanks for the advice and information.

I think I will probably use the luggage storage facility at Canada Place OR I may check with the doorman as suggested above.

Once again

thanks

Well, I finally called Princess and found out that everyone above was right but let me give you the final answer. Yes, the Luggage Valet is basically for Home to ship use (but can go the other way) but is very expensive. The EZ-Check system used aboard ship (and can only be scheduled on board) is not available outside the US due to all the customs requirements.

Anyway thanks for the advice and information.

I think I will probably use the luggage storage facility at Canada Place OR I may check with the doorman as suggested above.

Once again

thanks

I agree about the Pan Pacific. ;)