Sunshine- A list of Staterooms containing a mini fridge

Seany527

We were on the Sunshine in January and April in 6344 and 6371 respectively. Both had mini fridges with nothing in them. They were under the vanity area and plugged into the 220 outlet on the desk -- cord running up over the top of the desk.

Very nice and kept every thing cold -- not just cool. :)

• 3 months later...

Seany, I spent 2 1/2 hours reading your review of your 1st trip on Sunshine. Really fantastic review. I have a question for you. I am going on Sunshine Thanksgiving week. I chose wrap around balcony, cabin 7322. I noticed that you initially chose one of these balconies and then changed to deck 5. Can you tell me why you didn't like the balcony on deck 7? Thank you.

Seany, I spent 2 1/2 hours reading your review of your 1st trip on Sunshine. Really fantastic review. I have a question for you. I am going on Sunshine Thanksgiving week. I chose wrap around balcony, cabin 7322. I noticed that you initially chose one of these balconies and then changed to deck 5. Can you tell me why you didn't like the balcony on deck 7? Thank you.

Thank you so much:D

It's not that I wouldn't like deck 7, I just knew I would like deck 5 more. Deck 5 staterooms were added when the Destiny transformed into the Sunshine. This meant the stateroom would be newer and also have a mini-fridge. Deck 5 rooms were also conveniently located next to the Ocean Plaza.

To date, that has been my favorite stateroom on any cruise, but I will see how much I like a Havana Cabana in a few weeks!

With the Triumph, if you needed a mini fridge for medical reasons (diabetic storage of insulin), your TA had to let Carnival know at the time of booking so one could be assigned to your cabin. There was a limited number available. If you did not do so, you then had to contact Housekeeping once on board and make arrangements with your cabin steward to store and then bring your insulin to your cabin when required. This really wasn't an ideal situation.

Many times, Customer Service managed to "convince" another passenger who didn't need their fridge to give it up and then it was relocated to a cabin that needed it. All they did was to plug it in to the wall outlet under the mirrored counter.

MARAPRINCE

We were in balcony cabin 9171 in August and there was one in our cabin. It was also plugged into the outlet below the mirror. I think it was moved there for the previous cruiser, it did keep our water cold and I was happy it was there.

Edited by BattyL

• 4 weeks later...

We are in Cabin 7322 in February. Would love to know if it has a mini fridge.

This list posted may be outdated.

Last November2015, we were in a balcony on deck 9 and had a fridge. We are Diamond. I understand that all Platinum and Diamonds on that cruise had a fridge put in their cabin.

I read that since those fridges were already on board that other cabins besides the newly installed ones for the Sunshine, now have fridges.

I do not have personal knowledge that all cabins now have a fridge. However I for believe there are more cabins that have fridges now or maybe all now

We are in Cabin 7322 in February. Would love to know if it has a mini fridge.

Not sure about 7322...but we just got back from a cruise and were in 7316 just a couple doors down and we had one....and it was not on the list. So it was a nice surprise.

• 1 month later...

We tried to get info on our cabin.....needed frig for meds.

nothing guaranteed from anyone.

Once on the ship customer relations couldn't even tell us .....arrived to our cabin ,low and behold we had a frig.

They told us they would help us if one wasn't in our cabin, thank you.

We planned from the beginning to be pro active and sported a soft cooler just in case.

There is no guarantee.

Thank you for the chart. Just an observation. It seems strange that so many insides and oceanviews shaded in blue have them, but most balcony rooms do NOT!

just got off the sunshine and both are rooms had mini fridges not listed 10104, and 10131

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't depend any of those "mini" refrigerators. .....they hover around room temp or a little below and that is the coldest they will ever get!

Actually our mini fridge on the Sunshine worked quite well because it wasn't enclosed in a cupboard with a door. They are more of an after thought addition on the Sunshine. Our pop and champagne was nice and cold. The trick on the ships where they are enclosed in the cupboard is to stick a towel over the door to keep it propped open a little and keep the air circulating in the cupboard. We found that out on the Dream where our water and champagne was kept at a nice cool temperature as well.