Getaway 5 Person Cagegory O1?

lexluthor

I'm trying to get a 5 Person Category O1 booked for a friend on the 4/26/16 Getaway. There seem to be a bunch of these that show as 5 person cabins on Deck 5 fore.

We seem to get a different answer from each TA and NCL.

Sometimes we are told that they are only 2 person cabins, sometimes 4 person. Something about no 5s for fire hazard or not enough life boats.

Are any of those really bookable as a 5 person cabin? Is there any trick to getting one of those?

If you look on deck 5 the ones that hold 5 people are yellow marked with a solid star http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/deck-plans. Whether they are bookable for 5 people or not for a particular sailing does depend on ship capacity, lifeboat capacity, etc. Have you tried a mock booking for 5? Some sites have blinking dots on available cabins that make it easier to see what is available.

Oh yes, we've tried to book and they take all of the information and then come back and say the room isn't really available.

Do they only book one or 2 of those for 5 and then, due to lifeboat capacity, close the 5 person bookings for the rest?

We have done the Getaway 5 person OV, and are booked on another in 2016. We also picked up our June 2015 on the Breakaway 5 person OV. These rooms are sold until the lifeboat capacity is close to filled, then they want less than 5. I highly doubt that it is only a couple of rooms......

We have done the Getaway 5 person OV, and are booked on another in 2016. We also picked up our June 2015 on the Breakaway 5 person OV. These rooms are sold until the lifeboat capacity is close to filled, then they want less than 5. I highly doubt that it is only a couple of rooms......

I don't get what's happening then. When they look, there are at least 5 or those rooms Abakan's on the same side of the ship, but they will not allow a 5 person booking. From what one ta said (after calling ncl), they'll only book at 2 into those now.

With most of those rooms still open, that sure seems strange.

I just tried to do a mock booking on a blinking dot website. First, there is no 4/26/16 sailing on Getaway. I assume you mean 4/24/16? There are 15 O1 cabins on deck 5 available for 5 people. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing this?

Edited by Mistizoom

I just tried to do a mock booking on a blinking dot website. First, there is no 4/26/16 sailing on Getaway. I assume you mean 4/24/16? There are 15 O1 cabins on deck 5 available for 5 people. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing this?

Yes 4/24, sorry.

Try going all the way through the process, you won't be able to book one. That's why I'm confused and wondering why that's the case.

Yes 4/24, sorry.

Try going all the way through the process, you won't be able to book one. That's why I'm confused and wondering why that's the case.

Well, I can't do that because I don't actually want to book the room :cool:. So you have tried to complete the booking with all the correct information and it won't let you? Have you called your PCC and told them exactly what room you want?

Very strange...I did the mock booking again and it showed no room. I cleared by cookies and now it is showing 6 rooms - but different rooms than the 15 I saw earlier. So I recommend clearing your cookies and/or using a different device. Also make sure you are choosing the O1 cabin type. If you choose another type it will tell you no rooms are available.

Are you doing this on ncl.com? If not, can you pm me where?

We booked the 5 person OV on the Getaway for April 24, 2016. However, when I went back sometime after to check and see if the price had gone down, it was showing no availability for these staterooms that fit five.

I assumed they might have been sold out. There didn't appear to be a great many of them and with the Friends and Family Free, the 3 through 5 passengers in the stateroom were free, making it a pretty great deal. Add to that the free choice promotion and it practically turned into a steal.

That week of April is spring break week for us. Normally here in NY spring break is always the week attached to Easter. With Easter being early next year, our district opted to move it to the last week of April. I'm wondering if other districts in the north east may have also done the same, increasing demand for that particular week.

We booked the 5 person OV on the Getaway for April 24, 2016. However, when I went back sometime after to check and see if the price had gone down, it was showing no availability for these staterooms that fit five.

I assumed they might have been sold out. There didn't appear to be a great many of them and with the Friends and Family Free, the 3 through 5 passengers in the stateroom were free, making it a pretty great deal. Add to that the free choice promotion and it practically turned into a steal.

That week of April is spring break week for us. Normally here in NY spring break is always the week attached to Easter. With Easter being early next year, our district opted to move it to the last week of April. I'm wondering if other districts in the north east may have also done the same, increasing demand for that particular week.

Care to give up that room? lol It is an absolute steal. I figured the same as you that the rooms got grabbed quickly since you are paying for 2 and getting 3 free, but the TA websites show 5 cabins available for 5, they (and a PCC) just can't book them.

Yes, in NY here too. This break is timed quite differently than previous years. We've been wondering how it will affect demand for the cruise and airfare to Miami that week. Not sure at all.

Tried another TA and I think the going theme is that there are X number of cabins in that O1 category that hold 5, but they will only book X minus some number of those cabins with 5 people due to fire/lifeboat rules. So once the max number of 5 person allowed cabins book up, they have to book the rest of the O1s with fewer people.

Not sure if that makes sense or not, but I've heard that a couple of times now.

Unless someone cancels one of those rooms and we get it right away, I don't think it's happening. Hard to even check as time goes since it seems to require a call to NCL to check.

Edited by lexluthor

I'm trying to get a 5 Person Category O1 booked for a friend on the 4/26/16 Getaway. There seem to be a bunch of these that show as 5 person cabins on Deck 5 fore.

We seem to get a different answer from each TA and NCL.

Sometimes we are told that they are only 2 person cabins, sometimes 4 person. Something about no 5s for fire hazard or not enough life boats.

Are any of those really bookable as a 5 person cabin? Is there any trick to getting one of those?

We got a 5 person cabin 01 for 4/25 on the getaway but we were told you have to book them in advance because they are limited. We booked over a year ago.

@jkswonder, we have a 5 passenger room booked for this week, after reading this thread i found out it was Spring Break for NY schools, which my kids attend, but we wanted a quieter week without 1500 kids, so we may be giving up our room. I will know by tonight if we change weeks.

@jkswonder, we have a 5 passenger room booked for this week, after reading this thread i found out it was Spring Break for NY schools, which my kids attend, but we wanted a quieter week without 1500 kids, so we may be giving up our room. I will know by tonight if we change weeks.

My friend called in right after you canceled and got the same rep and got the room!

Unfortunately, the extra passenger free promo is no longer on that sailing and they are only 50% off.

Still good savings over 2 balconies.

Many thanks!

My friend called in right after you canceled and got the same rep and got the room!

Unfortunately, the extra passenger free promo is no longer on that sailing and they are only 50% off.

Still good savings over 2 balconies.

Many thanks!

No problem, we were able to book 4/3-4/10 for a couple hundred dollars more. Enjoy the cruise.