Passport and Driver's License ?

pjtjmn

You can even use the GE card when flying. I NEVER take out and show my DL anymore, I only use the GE card and never had one airline or TSA person question it. :D

Yep, I use mine that way interchangeably too, whatever is closest at hand. It's on the list of approved ID:

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids%20

My DD will use her GE card for TSA, even though she's not required to have ID at 12 years old. She looks *much* older, mainly because of her height (she's already 5'6"+). In fact they asked for her driver's license at her GE interview LOL.

Your passport number does not stay with you for life. Every time you renew your passport you get a different number.

Now on the other hand, in my state your driver's license number is forever. My DS moved out of state and had licenses in 3 different states during that time. He was gone for 5 years. When he moved back he went to the DPS to get a driver's license. They said "Welcome Home" and issued his new license with the number that was issued to him at age 16.

Thanks for your post. I checked US passport site and they do change the number. When I got my passport originally which is due to expire soon I was told it remained the same by someone. I can't remember who but I am glad i know that in the event I have something booked when I renew!

Edited by xeroxme

Sailing from NYC to carribean July and my daughters passport expires in September ... Carnival website recommends 6 months before expiration ... I called CC rep today and she said it's fine as long as it's not expired....should I be worried and expedite her renewal?? Thoughts??

As far as the answer you received from CC rep, she is correct. Carnival recommends that passports should be valid for at least 6 months before the expiration date to travel. Therefore, she can still travel with her passport as long as it is not expired. However, for peace of mind, you can get her passport expedited to be received within 2-3 weeks for an fee of additional $60. The Department of State also has an option to get the document sent you to you overnight for an additional $14.85. I suggest you make a decision soon. This is their busy season and I'm not sure if you have make an appointment at your local post office or go to another location that verifies passports. Recently, libraries in the county that I reside in trained library employees to accept applications.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!!