French Door-Obstructed View Cabins

DreaminofOz

Looking at booking this type of cabin on the Legend. I know there will be a life boat in front of the window. Which one has a better 'view ;)'-being by the front of the lifeboat, or by the back of it? Checked the cruiselinerrooms website, but there were not any pictures of cabins by the ends of the lifeboats.

Something else I may suggest if you've not already done so, is to go back to cruiselineroomsdotcom and look at pics for the Pride, Miracle and Spirit...all are Spirit class ships and the 4K's cabins are pretty much the same across all 4 ships.

We were on the Pride last month in cabin 4114 and had a pretty decent view between the lifeboats.....but ymmv.

For me, it's not even the view that was a deciding factor in booking this category room on the Legend, it was the wonderful light coming in through the French doors and the size of the room is the same as a balcony room. I loved this room and would book it again in a heartbeat.

My sister had 4122 (4123 on the other side) and had a great view between two lifeboats.

We had 4194 (4195) as we needed a quad cabin and had a pretty good view between the lifeboats as well

Good to know as we have room 4122, a 4K room, for 21 days on a B2B cruise.

Except for one, all our five Carnival cruises have been in a 4K, the OV with operable french doors that is being sold at inside prices. Only once have we had a view. Makes no difference. It is a terrific category. On my last cruise I even downgraded from a balcony to a 4K. We love the location near the front elevators. Easy to get everywhere.