Udp

knsky

Sailing on July 5th on the Breakaway. Went onto NCL site to book our dining but was unable to find Cagney's on the list. Called NCL and was told by reservation agent that "they pulled Cagney because it was filling up too quickly." :mad:Just a bit frustrated with the response. Guess we have to figure it out once we board the ship!

Sailing on July 5th on the Breakaway. Went onto NCL site to book our dining but was unable to find Cagney's on the list. Called NCL and was told by reservation agent that "they pulled Cagney because it was filling up too quickly." :mad:Just a bit frustrated with the response. Guess we have to figure it out once we board the ship!

We have a cruise for June booked, and we do NOT have the UDP. When the dining reservations opened 90 days before the sailing date, Cagney's was not available to pre-book. It was unavailable for about a week. I have not had it confirmed by anyone, but I believe that because of all the cabins booked with the UDP promotion, the percentage of tables available for pre-booking were "filled" with people who got the UDP, leaving NO space left for pre-booking for people like us who actually booked the cruise more than a year in advance (without any UDP promotion) and was willing to pay $30.00 p.p. plus 18% gratuity for the reservation. I totally understand the business point of view if that was the case - why give tables away "for free" when there were people who was willing to pay $30 p.p. for the same tables.

A few days later Cagney's was again available (and still is) for pre-booking through my ncl-account online, and I believe that was the case because we do not have the UDP. For people who have the UDP they (NCL) might have made a change in their system, in order to prevent all pre-booked seats to be for people with UDP and leaving tables available for those customers who are actually paying the full price.

Edited by TrumpyNor

We have a cruise for June booked, and we do NOT have the UDP. When the dining reservations opened 90 days before the sailing date, Cagney's was not available to pre-book. It was unavailable for about a week. I have not had it confirmed by anyone, but I believe that because of all the cabins booked with the UDP promotion, the percentage of tables available for pre-booking were "filled" with people who got the UDP, leaving NO space left for pre-booking for people like us who actually booked the cruise more than a year in advance (without any UDP promotion) and was willing to pay $30.00 p.p. plus 18% gratuity for the reservation. I totally understand the business point of view if that was the case - why give tables away "for free" when there were people who was willing to pay $30 p.p. for the same tables.

A few days later Cagney's was again available (and still is) for pre-booking through my ncl-account online, and I believe that was the case because we do not have the UDP. For people who have the UDP they (NCL) might have made a change in their system, in order to prevent all pre-booked seats to be for people with UDP and leaving tables available for those customers who are actually paying the full price.

Actually, this is not accurate.

For cruises after 7/1 no matter what your status is, UDP or not, Cagneys is not available for pre-booking by choice of Norwegian. It has nothing to do with free versus paid... There is a full thread about this.

Actually, this is not accurate.

For cruises after 7/1 no matter what your status is, UDP or not, Cagneys is not available for pre-booking by choice of Norwegian. It has nothing to do with free versus paid... There is a full thread about this.

Thank you for clearing that up. :) I have probably just missed that thread, or not had any interest in reading it since my cruise is before July 1... ;)

Oops, I guess they did not get the "official" memo from Norwegian posted here on another thread that stated no Cagney's reservations would be available for booking pre cruise while menus were enhanced as part of Norwegian's Next Program. They need to all get on the same page before someone thinks they are just making it up as they go along.:rolleyes:

Oops, I guess they did not get the "official" memo from Norwegian posted here on another thread that stated no Cagney's reservations would be available for booking pre cruise while menus were enhanced as part of Norwegian's Next Program. They need to all get on the same page before someone thinks they are just making it up as they go along.:rolleyes:

Like I said previously, I have been able to make reservations to Cagney's for my cruise in June. But my cruise is before July 1, and like somebody else stated above, Cagney's being "unavailable" for pre-bookings online is only for cruises that starts after July 1 (if I understood it correctly)...

Like I said previously, I have been able to make reservations to Cagney's for my cruise in June. But my cruise is before July 1, and like somebody else stated above, Cagney's being "unavailable" for pre-bookings online is only for cruises that starts after July 1 (if I understood it correctly)...

Sorry, thought the cruise was post the July changes. Yes, available for booking for cruises pre July 3 until the max number allotted for booking pre cruise is met. At that point it is no longer available to book pre cruise, only on board. Otherwise, Cagney's would be 100% booked before the ship even sailed.