Confused about Taxi/Mini Bus/Water Taxi Rates

Duck Down

We are a family of 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) and are planning to go to Tabyana Beach for the day.

We have seen $20/person US on the boards and am not sure if it is one way or round trip? Could be as much as $160 US for us???

I see on the Roatanonline website that rate is 18 Lps but am not sure if it is per person or taxi but assume it is one way.

Another option according to the website is a mini bus at 18 Lps per person each way. Has anyone used them and do they stop by the cruise dock?

Any help would be appreciated.

When the cruiseships are in Roatan, there are no deals for transportation.

It's actually quite frustrating for those who live here.

All the usual community buses (called Collectivos), and their cheap rates are not to be found, when the ships are in port. When no ships are here, a typical taxi rate can be had for as low a $5 one way.

On cruise ship days, you can expect a $10-$20 per person tab to get you from the dock to WEST BAY (one way).....

However, if it's a group (4 people), then you can usual get a cab for $80-$90 with scheduled return transportation included in the price.

There are also other alternative types of transportation (hint, hint)....of which I am not allowed to mention, as I am an advertiser too :cool: .....

When the cruiseships are in Roatan, there are no deals for transportation.

It's actually quite frustrating for those who live here.

All the usual community buses (called Collectivos), and their cheap rates are not to be found, when the ships are in port. When no ships are here, a typical taxi rate can be had for as low a $5 one way.

On cruise ship days, you can expect a $10-$20 per person tab to get you from the dock to WEST BAY (one way).....

However, if it's a group (4 people), then you can usual get a cab for $80-$90 with scheduled return transportation included in the price.

There are also other alternative types of transportation (hint, hint)....of which I am not allowed to mention, as I am an advertiser too :cool: .....

What about city buses? Where can you catch one, what do they look like, and how much are they on cruiseship days?

Thanks

There will be no collectivos (municipal buses) to be seen anywhere near the dock on cruiseship day.

They is no universal signage on any of them. Typically, they are basically passenger vans with a number on it....

But on cruiseship days, 90% of them are reserved and being used to transport cruiseship customers around the island...

Sorry, there are no deals for transporation on cruiseship days.

:(

Archived