A Pool for a 2 Year Old?? (Star Princess)

Olwyn

We are sailing on the Star Princess in October ...and are wondering about a pool for my toddler niece? She is 'almost' toilet trained...and is quite good at letting us know when she has to go...

Also...swim diapers are wonderful...:)

What is the story here? Is there at least a wading pool for babies and young children?

Thanks all!

Olwyn

Yeah, swim diapers are not allowed because of health laws and regulations. If something leaked out of the swim diapers and into the water, illness could abound, and that's not a good thing on board a ship.:eek:

I saw one parent on our last cruise that had brought along a small blow up pool. It was very small and had just a few inches of water in it, but the toddler in it was having a blast. The mother was over in a corner away from the crowds. Her husband blew up the tiny pool and used their ice bucket to fill it. It was just big enough for one small child. I wondered where she had found the pool until I visited Dollar Tree recently. They had tons of these tiny blow up pools in the store for just a dollar.;) I talked to the mother briefly and she said she always does this because she doesn't have to worry about the childs safety in the big pool. She said she mainly likes to sunbathe and the little one loves to splash around in his very own pool, so it works out perfectly for them. You might give this a try, or maybe someone else has a suggestion.

Archived