Question about booking a cruise while on a cruise

no1volman

We've already booked a cruise for this June. And our plan is to book next years cruise while we're on this years cruise to take advantage of the OBC and early saver rates. The problem is my daughter is an only child and we would like to take one of her friends if at all possible. But we really won't know by this June if she'll have a friend that would be able to cruise next year or not. And I definitely don't want to book a cruise for 4 and we end up with just the 3 of us. So how hard would it be to add a 4th guest at a later date? I understand I could possibly run into availability issues if we wait too long. Any other issues I should be aware of?

Book everything you want--4th person and all--using a rate other than Early Saver, such as Fun Select. Yes, it is higher, but you can make changes later with no penalty--even switch to Early Saver later as well.

So with early saver rate no changes can be made later? But with other rates changes can be made? At what point does the early saver rate option go away? I just like the option of early saver to take advantage of any price drops right up until the cruise date.

• 2 weeks later...
Our pvp recommended for us to book a room for the number of people you know are sailing- you can always add more later- provided there are rooms to fit you available. It'll also be cheaper deposit now.

So if we only book for the 3 that are for sure going, which will be with the early saver rate. I guess there's a chance if we add someone months later they would be on another rate plan?

So if we only book for the 3 that are for sure going, which will be with the early saver rate. I guess there's a chance if we add someone months later they would be on another rate plan?

Unless you know before the ES rate goes away.

If there are rooms available carnival will always accept more money from you.

• 6 months later...

You can make changes without penalty with past guest rate. That is how I booked my future cruise on a cruise. That is, until final payment. I was going to change to early saver when I got home but the price just keeps increasing. Past guest rate is usually only about $20 more per person.