Sea Trek contact information?

kevink

Does anyone have an email or phone contact for whatever department at RCCL operates the Sea Trek desk? Or better yet a way to contact them on a specific ship? I tried general RCCL customer service and they were no help.

For an Oasis cruise next month one member of my family is debating options for getting the PADI Open Water scuba certification. She's completing the coursework and the swimming pool dives now; the question is where to do the open water dives. Quarries around Chicago ain't warm this time of year.

The RCCL website here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/product.do?pagename=onboard_prod_scuba_in_the_pool says you can take a referral excursion and do the dives through Sea Trek, but you have to sign up on board. I want to find out what port the dives would happen at, because that affects the decision.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

Which ship and itinerary?

The website says "Available on Oasis-, Freedom- and Voyager-class* ships on Caribbean itineraries" and Two open-water dives at $175 USD per person and 4 open-water dives at $225 USD per person; register onboard. So that means if you do two open-water dives on Western itineraries it'll be Cozumel, if you do four it'll be Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Except if you're on Oasis or Allure as they don't stop at Grand Cayman. So on Oasis and Allure on Western you're likely to only get a two tank dive at Cozumel as Royal doesn't offer scuba diving at Falmouth or Labadee, which is okay because the diving in those two locations isn't great. On other ships doing Western the possibilities also include Costa Maya and Belize City and diving at those two is good.

On Eastern itineraries the options include Nassau, St Maarten and St Thomas. Dive excursions are offered at all of these.

However, you're likely to be lumped in with the students taking scuba classes on board so the most likely places for the dives are the ones that come later in the cruise. IE St Thomas and St Maarten.

Edited by tahqa

Does anyone have an email or phone contact for whatever department at RCCL operates the Sea Trek desk? v

-- Kevin

I did the refresher course on Allure, which was fun, but I had no luck even getting Royal to admit it exists. i had to wait till I went on board and signed up.

scuballure5.jpg