Getaway on May 9th

We are going on the Getaway on May 9th. We haven't been on NCL before.

As for taking soft drinks and water on board, what is allowed? I guess what I'm asking is how much is allowed.

Also, are the carry on bags hand checked or run through a machine? I assume the checked bags are x-rayed.

Are your rooms usually ready when you first get on the ship or is it common to have to wait a couple of hours?

Thanks for your help,

Sleepy

Edited by Sleepwalker2341

We are going on the Getaway on May 9th. We haven't been on NCL before.

As for taking soft drinks and water on board, what is allowed? I guess what I'm asking is how much is allowed.

Also, are the carry on bags hand checked or run through a machine? I assume the checked bags are x-rayed.

Are your rooms usually ready when you first get on the ship or is it common to have to wait a couple of hours?

Thanks for your help,

Sleepy

We have taken both soft drinks and water on board. We have seen people take a case of water. If you have drinks in your luggage, they might ask to check it to make sure it isn't alcohol, but they have never checked our bottles of cola or water.

Carryon bags are run through an Xray similar to what you go through at the airport.

Rooms are usually available around 1pm, sometimes earlier. You will usually see everyone eating lunch with their carry aboard luggage.

For lunch without a crowd on embarkation, try the MDR or Flamingo Grill. They might tell you to go to the buffet, but MDR is usually open until 2pm for lunch with a lot of tables available. We love the Getaway....hope you enjoy her too:D

Thanks S&S,

We will probably take some water and soft drinks with us, even though we will probably end up buying the soda package once we get on board. We want to have some in our room for those nights we get settled in and don't want to have to go out to get something to drink or call room service.

I appreciate the heads up on where to eat when we get on board.

We are really looking forward to the Getaway, especially since the last cruise we were supposed to go on, 3 years ago, got cancelled because I ended up in the hospital with blood clots in both legs about a week before we were to leave. Didn't have cruise insurance either. Learned a valuable and expensive lesson on that one.

Thanks again!

Sleepy