I need help from upcoming pride cruisers!

Mkehlb

hi, would someone let me know about how long it takes to sail from baltimore to the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel please? A friend of mine lives in buckroe beach and can see the bridge from her deck. We want to try to signal each other as I cruise on by.:D. Thanks much in advance.

if embarkation goes as scheduled (430) normally the ship should get to the bridge tunnel around 6 or 7. I remember it being around early seating last time we sailed her from Baltimore.

I think she is talking about the Bay Bridge Tunnel, down near the mouth of the Chesapeake, not the Bay Bridge itself (which is usually around early dinner seating).

As to the tunnel, I don't know because I'm always asleep! :p

The trip down the Chesapeake bay from the port of Baltimore to the open ocean is ABOUT 8 hours. The bay bridge tunnel is basically at the mouth of the bay, so if the Pride departs on time, she'd cross over the bay bridge tunnel around 12 midnight to maybe 1am..or even later....we've cruised on the Pride several times...a coupe times as others mentioned we're asleep when the ship reaches the bay bridge tunnel...a couple of other times we've been up as we crossed over.

Thanks everyone! Seeing as I am geographically challenged, I thought it would be about 2 hours! Guess my friend and I won't be "blinking" at each other. Maybe that's why she said she doesn't see the cruise ships go by. Oh well, maybe when we cruise to Bermuda from Norfolk in October.

Much obliged