Past Guest Sale...

gobrandy

Hello all,

I really don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but I probably am.

I got an email today informing me of a past guest sale... plugged in my numbers, and Ta-DA.... this sale has us at almost 800 cheaper in a balcony room than when we originally booked.

I called Carnival, and since we've already booked and paid in full they are not even willing to give us an OBC. I understand that we may have booked too early (for June), but this seems a little...

I just recall with price drops in the past people getting the better of the two deals. Am I dreaming?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. As are any... "Well, you booked. You're locked in" comments :)

My flight to PR is $40 cheaper today for my August trip (which is paid for). I wish Southwest would give me an IFC (in flight credit). ;)

You should change your flight and get the new price. Southwest will give you credit for a future flight.

Hello all,

I really don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but I probably am.

I got an email today informing me of a past guest sale... plugged in my numbers, and Ta-DA.... this sale has us at almost 800 cheaper in a balcony room than when we originally booked.

I called Carnival, and since we've already booked and paid in full they are not even willing to give us an OBC. I understand that we may have booked too early (for June), but this seems a little...

I just recall with price drops in the past people getting the better of the two deals. Am I dreaming?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. As are any... "Well, you booked. You're locked in" comments :)

Being able to obtain price drops is dependent on what fare you booked under and whether you are past your final payment date (since your cruise is in June, you are likely past final payment deadline).

Buying a cruise is like any other purchase, as the purchaser you are responsible for knowing the rules, restrictions and benefits of the fare category you booked under. Only the Early Saver gives price protection up to 2 days before your cruise begins. The price protection of other fare categories terminates on final payment deadline.

This is a buyer beware or perhaps better said buyer be aware situation. Enjoy your cruise !

We found this out the "hard" way well sort of--ha! We were booked on a SW flight from SLC to Hou for our cruise the returning flight at 1:30 the day we got back, however when I tried to plug that into the system so we could book the carnival transfer from the pier to the airport it said it wouldn't allow flights any earlier than I think 2:30 or 3PM so we had to rebook the flight at a later time--low and behold the new flight was less expensive than the original one so we have a credit on our acct. personally if you're off the boat by 8 or 9 I can't see why in the world they won't let you book a flight earlier than 2 or 3 but oh well I guess we'll spend a few hours hanging out at the airport ha!

If you booked ES they will let you change--we did twice!! because the prices kept going down. we're finally into a GU Bal. for our Aug Cruise! That's what we wanted to begin with but at the time of booking (last year) they were like 1400-1500 per person) we couldn't afford it so we booked inside PH (even that was over 900 at the time) then OV went down so we changed and a few weeks ago the balconies finally went down so we changed again. We'd made final payment first part of March. but the final payment wasn't DUE until May so with a June cruise you're final payment date might of passed and maybe that's why they couldn't do it??