Breakaway adults areas Q and weather Q

Spirit25

Hi, we (sister 25 and me 35) just booked the first week in November 2015 on the breakaway and while I'm aware it will probably host many children that week I was wondering besides H20 if there were any other areas that me and sis could hang out without all the kiddos running around?

We are not party animals by any means but do enjoy our fill of adult beverages and adult time. Doesn't have to particularly be an adults only area but just tips on where to go that there may be less kids running around during the day.

Also. This will be my first cruise (so happy not to have to fly) leaving from a colder area. For any of you that have gone the first week or so in November. What was the weather like? What did you need to pack for clothing? I've only had to pack shorts sun dresses and bikinis in the past haha.

Thanks so much for any help.

The weather in Florida and the Bahamas in early November is usually great. Expect the 70's or more likely the 80's at that time.

You may also want to bring a slicker of some type as it is still hurricane season and showers are still possible.

For me, here in Florida, November and March are the two greatest months of the year. Still warm, yet usually dry. They are what gives the Sunshine State it's nickname.

Welcome to Florida and enjoy your cruise!

You shouldn't have an issue with kids the first week of November. NY/NJ should be in school.

Unfortunately for the OP, this will not be the case. Almost all NJ schools are off at least Thursday and Friday for NJ Teachers Convention, many off Tuesday for election day, and some off the whole week. We've cruised twice this particular week (since we are from NJ, and although flights to Orlando are around $500+ out of the NYC area due to Jersey Week, the cruise out of NYC is still pretty inexpensive).

On the BA, I left my DH and 5 children during sailaway, and secured spa passes for the two of use ($400). Worth it for a week where the pool deck will be packed.

Thank you vicocala that's good news to hear.

I'm not to sure about that Khaide from what I'm reading first week in November is what some call "New Jersey" week with two days off of school so loads of parents book the breakaway since their little ones will only be missing 3 days.

My sisters birthday is Nov 6th so we chose to be on the boat for her b day instead of an alternate week even if it meant more kids. It's fine we don't dislike kids I was just looking for a few good spots that might separate us a bit from them hehehehe.

Edited by Spirit25

On the BA, I left my DH and 5 children during sailaway, and secured spa passes for the two of use ($400). Worth it for a week where the pool deck will be packed.

The spa sounds like a good plan...... Now I really need to start saving!

I second the spa pass recommendation! We sailed on the Breakaway in Feb and the spa was a FANTASTIC place to spend the sea days when it was a little too chilly to lounge on deck in a bathing suit (at least for me).

So what does everyone wear on the cold days? first day going down and last day coming up I'm assuming it's gonna be pretty cold. I'm thinking yoga pants and a nicer hoodie or something along those lines with still my flip flops. I refuse to give up my flops on a cruise. ::o

Once the ship gets to warmer weather, the Waterfront is also a perfect location for peace and quiet. Nice big wicker chairs to relax in. I saw a woman sleeping there for a couple hours one afternoon....although it may have had something to do with beer, too ;)

We are also on this sailing. Our second time on BA, but first time sailing in the fall :eek:

192 days to go!

Happy Sailing!