When does your status change

IMSAILING

I am gold status and will hit platinum after the next two trips we have booked. Do you get the perks after you hit the # of days - or do you get it if you are going to hit the # mid cruise ? Does that make sense ?

We hit day 25 (gold) on the last day of our 13 day cruise...we were gold for that entire cruise with all the perks and whatnot.

If we had had a 12 day cruise we would have hit 24 on the last day and therefore started out next cruise as gold.

I am gold status and will hit platinum after the next two trips we have booked. Do you get the perks after you hit the # of days - or do you get it if you are going to hit the # mid cruise ? Does that make sense ?

Before you go on the 2nd of the cruises you have booked, you'll be able to see your status on your cruise docs & luggage tags for that cruise.

We became Platinum under the old rules of 10 cruises - not 75 days. We took all 6, 7, or 8 day cruises and only had 72 days after that 10th cruise.

Since our 9th & 10th were B2B, we were given Platinum status at the beginning of our 9th cruise.

Thanks everyone. One more question - I will hit platinum one cruise before my husband - how will that work- will I get to check in etc and he won't ?

If you are booked in the same cabin, your DH will have priority embarkation along with you since you will be platinum. Ditto for the priority disembarkation if you choose to do that. You have the option to print one boarding pass for the entire cabin and it will show priority on it.

Congratulations on reaching platinum.

Carnival's terminology on reaching platinum mid-cruise:

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditions.aspx

Edited by winddawn

Thanks everyone. One more question - I will hit platinum one cruise before my husband - how will that work- will I get to check in etc and he won't ?

Our newbie to cruising daughter roomed with us on our first platinum cruise. We went to a lounge, drank coffee while they processed our papers and in 10 minutes we were on the ship. i told her that would not have happened if she had not been with us. She would have been in the line with several hundred people in the other line. The tendering is nice too.

My cruise documents did not reflect my change of levels. When we checked in the lady behind the counter told me that my change would not show until after our cruise even though I would hit the higher level on day 2 of our cruise. After we boarded I had to go to Guest Services and they gave me the gold card and pin.

My cruise documents did not reflect my change of levels. When we checked in the lady behind the counter told me that my change would not show until after our cruise even though I would hit the higher level on day 2 of our cruise. After we boarded I had to go to Guest Services and they gave me the gold card and pin.

It was there for me just hard to see.

It was next to a hashtag and my name on the first page.