What do you order??

Lulubelle45

I'm heading on my first Princess cruise in 8 days. I'll be getting the Unlimited sodas and More package. I will probably enjoy an alcoholic Drink occasionally. For those who have sailed before, what drinks do you suggest other than the basics?

Sort of depends upon what you like. How can we know or give you an answer.

Since everything is free, why not try something that you have never had before. if you do not like it, toss it and order something else.

DON

Sort of depends upon what you like. How can we know or give you an answer.

Since everything is free, why not try something that you have never had before. if you do not like it, toss it and order something else.

DON

It's a 4 day cruise so I'd like to try as many as I can. I pretty much enjoy anything and just want some suggestions. Making a list and working from there!

Mojito (alcoholic) or Nojito (virgin). Remember that you can have any drink made as a virgin drink and it will be included with your package. You aren't limited to the menu of virgin drinks. Of course a virgin martini is going to pretty much be an olive in a glass... They make a very nice virgin Bloody Mary.

I tend to drink Bulliet bourbon. I'll check on my next cruise and see if they carry Bulliet rye. Yum. I make sure they don't ruin my drink with ice. (I have sent it back before because a new bartender got it wrong. Then he tried just pouring it off of the ice into another glass. At that point I took it to the bar and had it fixed properly.)

As noted above there should be a BOGO in Wheelhouse from 4:00 - 5:00 and another one in Skywalker's or whatever the late night venue is from 11:00 to Midnight.

Check the coupon book in your cabin. While it's mostly just worthless stuff I did find an additional BOGO coupon in it on my last cruise. It was a BOGO at Skywalker's from 10:00 - 11:00 PM. That meant I got a BOGO from 10:00 - 11:00 that was immediately followed by the regular BOGO from 11:00 - Midnight.

Point duly noted in the Cruise Notebook. Many thanks for sharing the information, this newbie cruiser wouldn't have thought to double-and triple check the coupon book at all! I have carefully "planned" my souvenir buying, but a discount voucher-if I meet the requirements would be a handy bonus.

Crochetcruise :cool:

BHITs are really yummy and go down quick and smooth. Be careful about standing up after having more than one though!

So I'd better get one and go back to my Suite where I have some "filling" nibbles intended to prevent me getting tipsy? Many thanks for the "Heads Up" re safety. That's the big unknown with me-how I will cope with the ship's motion Or can you bring a packet of peanuts or chips to the bar, or buy 1 there? Newbie cruiser, and trying to learn all I can before cruising. I regularly log off the computer with a bit of a headache from all the useful information on here, but what a small price to pay for the comprehensive knowledge!

Crochetcruise :cool:

I would recommend you try the tropical blend, it's only juice based and is included in your package. I'm not a drinker so can't help with the others.

I love the tropical blend.

As to alcoholic drinks, I personally like the Ultimate Cooler or the Moscow Mule or most of the martini's at Crooners, if I feel like something stronger.

:):p

Beverly hills iced tea mmmmmmmm

so good

on my last cruise i could not remember the name

i ordered another ice tea drink but not as good as Beverly Hills Ice Tea

i now have the name written down

should not be a problem on my next cruise island princess barcelona to venice

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your suggestions. Back from the cruise and had many of the suggested drinks. My favorite ended up being the Key West Cooler second to the Nojito for the non Alcohol. I found the Virgin Pina colada too slushy. BHIT was great as was the Isaac. Couldn't find anyone to make the Taramisu Martini though. Not even on menu. Dirty banana was hit and miss depending on who made it. Did find the service very poor in the bars (Explores Lounge) when ordering the non alcoholic drinks with the sticker. 40 min and 2 different servers no luck. Had to go to bar myself.