Review of the Splendor 04/12-04/19

Rock712

Well , we had another great Carnival cruise. I'm going to give you my impressions of our week on the Splendor. This is not going to be one of those minute by minute , blow by blow reviews of our entire week , but instead just some thoughts that I'll try to organize and present in what I hope is not too boring of a review !!!

So first , lets talk about why the Splendor. Quite simple really . It was a ship we had never sailed , we liked the itinerary ( Half Moon , St Thomas , San Juan , & Grand Turk ) and finally we were celebrating our anniversary , so it had to be a ship sailing that week. Also , we're in Tampa , so the port of Miami not that bad of a drive.

Arrival / Embarkation - First , if your driving to port of Miami do yourself a huge favor and use the tunnel to get to the port. It turns a 1/2 hour nightmare thru downtown traffic and lights into a 5 minute ride through a tunnel. We opted to park at port , parked in multi-level garage directly across from terminal , $$20.00/day. We had a suite and in addition purchased FTTF , so embarkation was a breeze. From the time we left the car to walking on the ship was maybe 20 minutes. We stopped by excursion desk to pick our HMC cabana and then right to our room. Since we were celebrating our anniversary we splurged and went with a Spa Suite , # 1024. King bed , sitting area with sofa , chair , and coffee table , desk area w/ chair , full shower/whirlpool tub w/ glass doors , double sinks , tons of counter and closet space. Large balcony w/ 3 chairs and small table. A/C worked great , matter of fact at times room got too cool. The only negative thing I can say about this room was that it was directly under the treadmills in the gym one floor above and in the mornings definitely some noise from people running on those treadmills , but nothing that bad and it was only for a brief time. All in all , we were very pleased with the cabin. ( ok , I know this is where I should post some pictures of the cabin , but it was only after we got back and I was downloading all of our pictures that I realized I never took one picture of the cabin or balcony )

• 3 weeks later...

We were on this cruise with you. It is always interesting to hear someone else's experience on the same sailing. From others who were on our cruise so far, it sounds like I missed seeing all the rude people they were running into. I didn't recognize myself in their stories so I don't think they were talking about me :D.