Norwegian Getaway vs Carnival Vista coming in 2016

Lori3015

We LOVED the Getaway but our main complaint was one pool. It was so crowded the only time we were able to get in it or near it was Thursday evening at 6pm. I just came across Carnival Vista set to sail out of Miami in January. WOW it looks amazing and there are three pools! Granted one is in the Havana area but the Havana rooms are affordable and there are interiors aft balconies and suites. Unfortunately on Norwegian I cannot afford the Haven area with only suites and penthouses. Who has cruised carnival and Norwegian? Can you give me comparisons?

The food and entertainment choices look amazing and it's similar as far as upcharge restaurants. The one downfall is no UBP/UDP free choice...but it's cheaper overall on Carnival.

Please give me thoughts. We did love Norwegian Getaway Aft balcony.

Ive been on many Several NCL cruises and have enjoyed them but not happy about all the recent changes. Was on 2 Carnival cruises. 1 several years ago and was good, 2nd last year and it was great. Thought the food and staff were great.

I have been on several of the older Carnival ships, and managed to have a great time, and then I sailed on The Magic in 2013 and thought this was a GREAT ship! The Vista looks amazing, and if you notice near the bottom of my signature I am sailing on the Vista (In one of the Havana Cabana Suites) in December 2016. So I would have to say since the Vista appears to be very much like the Magic, only with a few more bells & whistles thrown in it will be a wonderful ship.

I have only sailed once on NCL, back in 2011 on the Star, and it was nice, but the cabin was very small, and the bed hard as a rock. However, I am trying the Epic next March, and I did upgrade our experience to a Haven Spa, because the price had dropped, and with the promotion (UDP, UBP, Paid Grat. & $300 OBC) it was actually a better value to get a Haven cabin then a Spa Balcony and only one offer.

Back to the Vista. The Havana area, besides being reserved for those in a Havana stateroom, the minimum age to stay in any Havana cabin is 12, so it will be a more adult pool. Carnival does a good job of spreading passengers over several decks, so even on nice sea days there are so many options not everyone is trying to get in one area. Beside the 2 main pools, the Serenity, an adult fee free area is forward, and near the spa, and on deck 5 they will have the Red Frog Pub, which is a great favorite, and several hot tubs on deck 5 as well that are slightly suspended over the water-those are always popular as well.

I do think NCL has better food, especially in the specialty restaurants, and freestyle concept is very appealing, especially in the Caribbean when I want to wear flip flops ALL the time. Carnival does ask that men not wear shorts in the main dining room (But I don't think they enforce it). I also think NCL has better overall entertainment.