How's the food on Millennium?

oceanqueen571

Metropolitan Restaurant: wonderful service and food for dinner. For lunch the service could be quite bad or very bad (puting dishes in the middle of the table). Breakfast very limited.

Olympic restaurant: excelent food. Service very elaborated but not of the quality of QE2 or Peter Deilmann's ships. Not worth paying when comparing with food and service in the Metropolitan on formal nights.

Self-service: breakfast very good. No experience for lunch or dinner.

On room: the same menu that in the Metropolitan brought together for dinner o lunch. Breakfast good, limited but enough.

I would have to agree with Normandie-BCN on the Olympic restaurant. I didn't think it was worth it. The food is just so good at the Metro, paying more is kind of silly. But hey, to each his own. Give it a shot. I would suggest not getting the upgraded wine deal they offer. It's a different wine with every coarse. Switching from white to red, and dry to sweet, made my wife's (an avid wine drinker) stomach upset and she had to leave before her dessert.

My Olympic experience in 2000 was phenomenal. Which is what made our experience last December particularly disappointing--the menu is very limited, the number of courses reduced, and the service less personal. While I appreciate "butterfly" service, I got a little tired of hearing "voila" every time a dome was lifted.

Regardless of what we think is a serious decline in the experience, the Olympic seemed to be doing a good business. Carla

Archived