Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

I'll let some of you carry on bitching at each other and i'll give you my opinion on what will happen (for what its worth!)

As part of the Norwegian Next program the Cagneys cover charge will reduce to $20 to bring closer in line with other venues.... This will in turn reduce reservations from people just because they think its better than everything else, booking it for no other reason but to to maximise value on their package. Human nature is to assume the most expensive is the best.

The menu will change to reflect this and additional al a carte items will indeed be available for a supplement.

This is the most reasonable thing I've seen on this 400 post thread. *sigh*

Stockholders have no issues with it. They are at $51 per share. As long as you can manage your debt with working capital, no problem. FDR is showing the world how it can be done...at the expense of customers.

FDR isn't doing much... he's only had the job for 2 months. The $51 / share is thanks to KSheehan's work - that's what is currently manifested in the results.

I think the ownership group are currently using NCLH as an acquisition vehicle, not a divestiture one. I think we'll maybe see them absorb other small lines, over time and expand the geographic footprint once the model's wrinkles have been ironed out.

Just wanted to let you all know I was just able to make reservations online for Cagney´s....:D. Am in a suite, not sure if that matters... Ops meant 8/1/2015

Edited by aibanez
wrong date

Also you will need to cancel previous dining reservations that you made for that night. Otherwise you will have limited time slots. Once you cancel ... all the time slots will show up. I had to call NCL to cancel my previous dining reservations.

I've been increasingly upset by all the recent take aways and $ add ons but for me personally, this one is the biggest real kick in the stomach. I booked my second cruise on the BA before the promo began and rebooked at a higher price precisely because of the promo. I also booked an H7 in order to get all the promos except the DSC.

I loved Cagneys on my first BA cruise and was really looking to returning. However, I won't be going because to have to pay for what was included at the time of booking just doesn't compute for me. I'm sailing with a party of 7 in all, so that would cost quite a bit of money that I didn't anticipate having to spend.

This upcoming BA cruise will be my fifth with NCL but the first that won't include purchasing a FCC. I'm truly disappointed and to be honest, quite sad.

I'm with you. This is too much they keep taking away things and charging more.

My issue with all of this is that at the time I put down my deposit on my cruise, I purchased it based on the information posted at that time. All the extras and added fees figure into my final decision. Cagney's was part of the deal. I strongly feel that whatever was in print AT THE TIME OF BOOKING should be honored. If you change your booking, okay that changes things, but what I booked should be what I get. I realize this creates more accounting for NCL, but if you are selling a product a year and a half out, these are things you should be prepared to deal with.

As I have been reading this I have been agreeing. Granted I am writing this after page 2 so it may have been addressed but.....every time we go to Disney I believe they say they can change the prices or whatever until you pay in full. Maybe that is the philosophy NCL is going with?

I actually just called and spoke with a really nice CC (Ashley) and she confirmed with a Supervisor that they have not received any info about Cagney's going Al la Carte and the it would be pulled from UDP. They also said that if you booked and received the UDP/UBP including Cagney's or something else, they honor what the promo was when you booked.

Just throwing it out there.

I actually just called and spoke with a really nice CC (Ashley) and she confirmed with a Supervisor that they have not received any info about Cagney's going Al la Carte and the it would be pulled from UDP. They also said that if you booked and received the UDP/UBP including Cagney's or something else, they honor what the promo was when you booked.

Just throwing it out there.

Hopefully this means that they've realized their blunder and are actually taking steps to ensure we all get what we paid for.

Hopefully this means that they've realized their blunder and are actually taking steps to ensure we all get what we paid for.

Did anyone actually lose anything yet? I called because I thought it was all guessing and rumour.

Did anyone actually lose anything yet? I called because I thought it was all guessing and rumour.
You are correct, it was all guessing and rumor - no one lost anything and I doubt that it was NCL intention from the beginning.

From https://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The UDP is nontransferable. Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. No kids pricing available for UDP. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to special occasion/holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). $10 per each additional main course will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s. Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato are not part of the package.

Just to clarify, I responded to this statement you made: "They also said that if you booked and received the UDP/UBP including Cagney's or something else, they honor what the promo was when you booked."

I don't have firsthand knowledge of Cagneygate, but I do have firsthand knowledge of the "something else."

We purchased UDP with the Illusionarium free on the first night for our September cruise, and now the UDP description states it's no longer included as of early July.

Some have reported being told no while others have reported being able to get it added by escalating.

Jury is out for me as my booking window doesn't open until next month.

With you saying you were told they will "honor what the promo was when you booked" it sounds promising!

Just to clarify, I responded to this statement you made: "They also said that if you booked and received the UDP/UBP including Cagney's or something else, they honor what the promo was when you booked."

I don't have firsthand knowledge of Cagneygate, but I do have firsthand knowledge of the "something else."

We purchased UDP with the Illusionarium free on the first night for our September cruise, and now the UDP description states it's no longer included as of early July.

Some have reported being told no while others have reported being able to get it added by escalating.

Jury is out for me as my booking window doesn't open until next month.

With you saying you were told they will "honor what the promo was when you booked" it sounds promising!

I hope they do honor it for you! It would be the right thing to do!! Keep us updated!

I was just able to book Cagney's for 6/25. We changed our sailing this week when NCL offered the "upgrade" to switch from the 6/28 sailing to 6/21 on the Breakaway. I was able to get all my dining reservations under the UDP except for Cagney's even over the phone. I decided to check as I have been for days and when I logged into myncl and low and behold there were 10 dining options instead of 9. So keep checking if you are looking to book Cagney's. :D

Just one more data point. For my July 11th Jade cruise, today was the first day I was able to make reservations for Cagney's. I have the UDP as part of the promo I received back in February. Each reservation I made was listed as "complimentary" and no charge was listed. YMMV.

Bill

Booked on a July 20th sailing on the Spirit. I have the UDP as part of my package I received. Up until this morning, Cagney's was not available online to book reservations. However this morning it was there and I was able to book at no charge as part of the UDP program.

Just thought I's mention it since there are a lot of rumors out there.

Good Luck.

Edited by cruisingfyra

So then is it possible this was just a glitch in the computer system?

No it was not a glitch in the system. NCL themselves posted here on the CC boards saying that changes were being made as part of the NEXT program and that reservations for Cagney's would no longer be able to be made online.

Something though must have changes as people are reporting that they are once again able to make bookings online.

Rochelle

They might have shut it down, until they could reflect the $ .05 price reduction in the system.

But no need to shut down Le Bistro, La Cucina and Moderno to reflect the same 5 cent reduction?

Rochelle

I had also heard several weeks ago that NCL was playing with the idea of turning Cagney's into an a la carte restaurant in order to boost revenue. I'm not sure if it'll actually be implemented at some point, but they were/are definitely considering it.

I had also heard several weeks ago that NCL was playing with the idea of turning Cagney's into an a la carte restaurant in order to boost revenue. I'm not sure if it'll actually be implemented at some point, but they were/are definitely considering it.

Did you get that information here on CC or elsewhere? Curious as someone else reported hearing similar information onboard the Gem.

Rochelle