Best Time to Board - Adventure of the Seas - San Juan

When is the best (fastest) time to board the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan?

The boarding for our trip starts at 1:30 and the boat sails at 8:30.

My husband and I aren't in a rush and want to avoid long lines as that can be frustrating. It's just the two of us and we've completed the check-in forms already.

Any advice would be great - thanks!

We have always got to the ship about 11:00 am - the doors don't open for security until then. There might be a line at that time but it wasn't too bad, once we got rid of the luggage and got thru security we were checked in and on the ship by 11:30 ish. But you have to remember the rooms are not open til 1:00 pm.:D

When is the best (fastest) time to board the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan?

The boarding for our trip starts at 1:30 and the boat sails at 8:30.

My husband and I aren't in a rush and want to avoid long lines as that can be frustrating. It's just the two of us and we've completed the check-in forms already.

Any advice would be great - thanks!

Your posted boarding times are only a suggestion from RCCL and not enforced. We just did a B2B (March/April) on the Adventure Of The Seas. We arrived at the port around 10:20, in the embarkation terminal at 11:00 and on board the ship at 11:35. Like always the embarkation process went smooth and quick. Rooms were ready at 2:00. That's when the fire doors were opned.

Edited by davekathy

We were on the AOS at the beginning of April. We did the ship transfers from the airport and waited there longer than we did for the boarding. There were 2 lines...one for people who had their own luggage, and another for ones who had it delivered (we were in that one). I think it maybe took us 20 minutes to get thru, while the people who were in the other line waited longer. Just something to think about.

They gave us a specific boarding time for Adventure, which was much later in the afternoon after 4pm. Is this something they actually enforce? There's plenty to do in San Juan, but I'd rather get there earlier than 4.

They gave us a specific boarding time for Adventure, which was much later in the afternoon after 4pm. Is this something they actually enforce? There's plenty to do in San Juan, but I'd rather get there earlier than 4.

Not enforced at US ports.

I read the following and if someone thinks it's wrong....chime in.

1. The ship runs about 1 hour later than others ships

a. Windjammer opens at 12:00 instead of 11:00

b. Rooms ready at 2:00 instead of 1:00

c. Boarding starts closer to 12:00 than 11:00

2. All aboard is at 5:30, even though the ship leaves after 8:00

3. Muster drill is at 5:45

4. Early dinner is at 6:30 instead of 6:00

I would guess since the boarding is spread out that lines should not be an issue.

I read the following and if someone thinks it's wrong....chime in.

1. The ship runs about 1 hour later than others ships

a. Windjammer opens at 12:00 instead of 11:00

b. Rooms ready at 2:00 instead of 1:00

c. Boarding starts closer to 12:00 than 11:00

2. All aboard is at 5:30, even though the ship leaves after 8:00

3. Muster drill is at 5:45

4. Early dinner is at 6:30 instead of 6:00

I would guess since the boarding is spread out that lines should not be an issue.

Early dinner is 6:30 only on the first night to accomodate muster. There is also a later muster for those coming aboard after the first muster.