Opinions on Casey Pelter?

What are your impressions of Casey Pelter, the CD on Freedom?

He might be on break when we go, but I am curious of opinions.

I suspect Casey will be CD on our upcoming trip at the end of August and I'm a little sad about that.

Casey is on vacation now, and will be returning to Freedom on August 16 for 4 months. Jamie Fentiman is covering Casey's break from June 7 till Aug 16

Edited by DonnaK

Casey is on vacation now, and will be returning to Freedom on August 16 for 4 months. Jamie Fentiman is covering Casey's break from June 7 till Aug 16

Hmmm... Well, well is Jamie's style?

I prefer the funny/silly and omnipresent to the behind-the-curtain wizards. Explorer has set a very high bar for CDs in my mind, I'm afraid.

I was just about to write to you because on the chart you have him as coming back on the 17th. I'm on the 8/16 sailing and I was hoping he wasn't going to be helicoptered in on a sea day. (Just kidding)

Anyone have cruise compass for the Freedom Eastern itinerary, willing to post?

These are from the FOS Eastern from August 2014. I'll post updated ones after our 8/9/15 Eastern cruise.

mac_tlc

I've read several reviews since the dry dock and no one has mentioned the CD.

What are your impressions of Casey Pelter, the CD on Freedom?

He might be on break when we go, but I am curious of opinions.

We have been on ships many times with him as the CD and we loved him. Have not seen him in a while but he was great. Very funny and very friendly. I agree with others that it is a personal opinion on who you find good or not but I honestly cannot find one negative thing to say about Casey. Really enjoyed him on every cruise we had with him.

I can confirm that casey is not on vacation. I am on FOS right now and as of last night he was the cruise director. Maybe he is going on vacation tomorrow?

• 5 months later...

I have been on 2 cruises now with Freedom Of The Seas... I have to say that Casey Pelter makes it fun... I am one of those people that carries around the Cruise Compass (itinerary) and tries to do as many things as I can on the ship... I totally had a blast. Love and Marriage, The Quest, and Battle of the Sexes were all so much fun. Casey is very interactive with the audience and gives everyone so many laughs. He loves what he does and it shines through in every event. My opinion is... I hope he moves to Oasis of the Seas for next year... I'll be on a cruise leaving Nov 12th 2016 and I can't imagine liking another Cruise Director as much as I do him. Casey rocks!!!! :)

I have been on 2 cruises now with Freedom Of The Seas... I have to say that Casey Pelter makes it fun... I am one of those people that carries around the Cruise Compass (itinerary) and tries to do as many things as I can on the ship... I totally had a blast. Love and Marriage, The Quest, and Battle of the Sexes were all so much fun. Casey is very interactive with the audience and gives everyone so many laughs. He loves what he does and it shines through in every event. My opinion is... I hope he moves to Oasis of the Seas for next year... I'll be on a cruise leaving Nov 12th 2016 and I can't imagine liking another Cruise Director as much as I do him. Casey rocks!!!! :)

I agree. He is top notch! I know he leaves the Freedom sometime in December for a break, but I am really hoping that he is back on it for our Jan. 31st 2016 sailing.

We never missed his morning show.

I agree. He is top notch! I know he leaves the Freedom sometime in December for a break, but I am really hoping that he is back on it for our Jan. 31st 2016 sailing.

We never missed his morning show.

Agreed. We had Casey on our Freedom cruise in May. We are cruising again on Freedom over Christmas and hope he's on board. It sounds like he may not be.