Looking after loyal customers

Sorry Jules. Rich families????

Ha ha! If they are targeting rich families, I hope rich families aren't disappointed with the 'second hand' ships :D

Don't get me wrong, we have loved all the Thomson Cruises we have been on but looking at 2016 prices, I personally think Thomson are pricing themselves out of the market for the product they offer. It would cost us £2000 more in 2016 as a family to travel on the similar cruise we did on the Dream last year - I think that's quite a significant increase. We don't have young children so fall into paying for all as adults but even with children under the age of 12, the prices are high in comparison to other lines with much newer ships & more facilities.

Lynn I'm saying it costs the travel agent money to provide the facility therefore you can't expect to pay the same as getting the holiday online.

This didn't seem obvious to the OP. And you contributed ZERO to the thread in terms of explaining thr reason why the TA won't work for free, so I attempted to explain why the TA is more expensive.

Consider yourself enlightened. Attitude much?

Lynn I'm saying it costs the travel agent money to provide the facility therefore you can't expect to pay the same as getting the holiday online.

This didn't seem obvious to the OP. And you contributed ZERO to the thread in terms of explaining thr reason why the TA won't work for free, so I attempted to explain why the TA is more expensive.

Consider yourself enlightened. Attitude much?

Thank you dahling.

We had a late filght back last year. No big deal but when we got to the car park barrier we were told to pay £50 as we had gone into the next day. I got a full refund the next day via the T.A. We just gave them the reciept. Booking on the web would not have been so quick to sort out. With all the fuss with unpacking and shopping I may have let it slip.

I booked in my local TA. Been using them for years to book cruises, not just Thomson ones. Got the book price, then asked for a discount, got the internet price, then some more knocked off.

This is why I go back to them year on year. Friendly service and I have never paid a full price or even been asked £25 to match internet prices. I have had the managers discount, it has got less each year but still the cheapest price available for that cruise.

And I got a free Miles the Bear form the advert.

"He said Thomson want everyone to book online.:("

That's it in a nutshell, and why there is a £25.00 fee for TA "price matching" online offers.

I'd rather give my business to the local Thomsons shop - but I'm not paying a (de facto) service charge for the privilege.

You have to remember that not everybody is computer savvy - that's why shops still have customers.

"He said Thomson want everyone to book online.:("

That's it in a nutshell, and why there is a £25.00 fee for TA "price matching" online offers.

I'd rather give my business to the local Thomsons shop - but I'm not paying a (de facto) service charge for the privilege.

You have to remember that not everybody is computer savvy - that's why shops still have customers.

When everyone books on line the TA's will close then them people will be out of work.Thomson will be making more profit (so they will cut their price HA Ha)I do not think so