Allure - Central Park "view" vs Inside Cabin.

Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question. I'm on Allure in a few weeks and as a solo traveller just went for cheapest double-fare inside. I've been offered a cheap-ish offer to upgrade to a Central Park view cabin.

So ok will get some daylight and I guess people watching but any negatives?

I know there are shops and restaurants below but I'm normally last to bed onboard and have had promenade view cabins directly above shops on Freedom class.

It's about $30 a night extra so just wondered any opinions.

Thanks.

We had a Central Park view cabin on Allure and it was great. Just keep the net curtains closed and it is very private. There was no noise at all, but perhaps that depends on your cabin number. We wouldn't hesitate to stay in one again, so I'd say go for it if you don't mind paying the extra. We had one of the lower deck cabins that doesn't have a balcony.

We had a Central Park view cabin on Allure and it was great. Just keep the net curtains closed and it is very private. There was no noise at all, but perhaps that depends on your cabin number. We wouldn't hesitate to stay in one again, so I'd say go for it if you don't mind paying the extra. We had one of the lower deck cabins that doesn't have a balcony.

Thanks for the advice :)

Lack of privacy and noise would apply more towards a Central Park balcony and not so much the CP view cabins. $30 a night for a window looking at the Central Park seems too high unless it's a much better location on the ship than what you have now IMO.

We both had a very nice time with Central Park, I preferred this, The only thing I noticed was the balcony across from me where the man always sat outside reading a book, looking into my cabin with his bincolars. When I close the curtain he would go inside, the moment I opened it up, he come out. I did report this to guest services, but they said that this is HIS vacation too, so he had a right to do do what he wanted. This was last year. I loved Central park there were birds singing and there was no noise there. IT was calming.. We were on the 10th floor. When it rained a bit the rain fell through but not a lot.. I really enjoyed this place.. I am wanting to go again but I want to be going on a lease expensive ship this time.. this one was the most I have ever spent on a 7 to 9 day cruise.

You will enjoy this.

You will have a bigger room with the CP view room 199 sq ft as compared to 172 sq ft.

Exactly why I booked this cabin category on our Oasis cruise. Cabin was spacious, loved the window seat too. Family members enjoyed lying on the window seat reading our books/iPads in the nice cool air conditioning! (Versus seating on a hot balcony). Privacy was not an issue, just remembered to keep the sheer curtains closed. We heard the piano music at night, otherwise nothing. i wouldn't hesitate to book this category cabin again.

It's about $30 a night extra so just wondered any opinions.

Thanks.

If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your cabin, I'd use that $210 for the $14 cocktails and keep the inside.