Bus or Cab to Clearwater Beach and Warwick Bay?

richs52

Booked a last minute cruise to Bermuda and am trying to quickly plan our days! Any help would be appreciated.

We will be docked in St. George and would like to go over to Clearwater Beach. Would it be better to take a taxi or can we get there by bus? Does anyone know which bus (if any goes there)?

Also, what about the bus to Warwick? I imagine a taxi would be quite expensive (anyone know how much?). So what bus would we take to get there and how long does it take?

Also, to get back to St. George, do we just stand where the bus dropped us off and wait to be picked up? How often do they come?

Any help would be appreciated!

THANKS SO MUCH!

-Rich

St. Georges to Clearwater:

Someone mentioned that there was some kind of shuutle service to the beach but I do not know anything about that, I think it was recently introduced. Ask at the tourist information centre. Otherwise the #6 bus goes from St. Georges to St. Davids but you would still be looking at a 15 minute walk from the nearest bus stop to Clearwater. Ask the bus driver to let you off at the nearest stop. When you want to go back to St. Georges just go back to the bus stop and wait for the bus. Be sure you have a schedule though so you know about when the bus will be by as the #6 only runs once an hour and the last bus is at around 6pm.

I'd expect taxi fare to be around $12 one-way for up to four people.

St. Georges to Warwick:

Buy a day pass rather than using tickets. Take any bus from St. Georges to Hamilton (#1, #3, #10, #11). When in Hamilton take the #7 bus as that is the bus that goes along the South Shore beaches, including Warwick Long Bay. The #7 usually runs every 15 minutes during the weekday (it's a popular route) but check the schedule to be sure.

I'd expect taxi fare to be $35-40 one way. Maybe even more.

Archived