Ecstasy Coming To Charleston!!

cruzeluver

Well I was on the first Ecstasy out of Miami maybe I should book the last as well. :D

Look us up if you are. We will be the mother daughter combo popping wheelies in a wheelchair down the lido deck [emoji16]

Price is awesome just over 700 for an ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SunshineCruiser24

We planned our first B2B beginning February 1, 2016 and again on February 6, 2016 from Charleston on the Fantasy. Imagine my surprise this morning when I found out that instead of the same ship, I will be leaving the Fantasy and getting on board the Ecstasy. Both ships will reposition to their new ports without passengers. Looks like we will disembark on the 6th, then wander around downtown to take in the sights until we can re-board. Just hope I do not have to go through all the rigamarole of getting back on board. What a pain that will be. :p

Look us up if you are. We will be the mother daughter combo popping wheelies in a wheelchair down the lido deck [emoji16]

Price is awesome just over 700 for an ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I may see you there. :D

We planned our first B2B beginning February 1, 2016 and again on February 6, 2016 from Charleston on the Fantasy. Imagine my surprise this morning when I found out that instead of the same ship, I will be leaving the Fantasy and getting on board the Ecstasy. Both ships will reposition to their new ports without passengers. Looks like we will disembark on the 6th, then wander around downtown to take in the sights until we can re-board. Just hope I do not have to go through all the rigamarole of getting back on board. What a pain that will be. :p

You will have go through the boarding process again since you are switching ships.

the Ecstasy, Fascination & Sensation are the only Fantasy-class ships with the added balconies. I have to wonder why Carnival only added these to just three ships?? One or two more wouldn't hurt.

When those ships were done it was planned to see how it went and then do the rest of the Fantasy Class. I guess they decided that the "experiment" was not worth the cost.

• 2 months later...

We got a great offer for the first cruise out of Charleston and went for it!

It leaves at 10pm so this should be a different sort of cruise start. Still a few months away but will review it when back. New port - Amber Cay, DR - then Grand Turk and HMC.

We were booked on the Fantasy for April 30, 2016 out of Charleston and happy about it! I took my first cruise on her in 2007 and another in 2010...would have been like seeing an old friend. :) We were surprised when the email came saying our ship had been switched to Ecstasy. No explanation, just "we will automatically transfer your booking".

Oh well, can't really complain! It'll be a "new to me" ship, a new destination (Amber Cove) and an awesome vacation...so woo hoo!! :D:D:D

New port - Amber Cay, DR - then Grand Turk and HMC.

Oh well, can't really complain! It'll be a "new to me" ship, a new destination (Amber Cove) and an awesome vacation...so woo hoo!! :D:D:D

Amber Cove... Not sure why I said Cay.... must be thinking about HMC!

AC opens this Oct so by Feb maybe it will have all the kinks out of it and be running smoothly.

Glass half full. I would've also liked to see a bigger ship since Charleston is my closest port, but I guess the Ecstasy is still an "upgrade" from the Fantasy.

Agreed, and the Ecstasy has balconies! Did the Fantasy have the balcony additions?

We enjoyed the Ecstasy!

• 1 month later...
Not a bad ride for us from Virginia and we love the city...But, I'll say it - I'm disappointed with the class ship, not to mention it's another old one.

Going on the sunshine out of charleston next November that's a better class and not to bad of a drive for me either from Virginia