Reservation transfer question

jjswiech

I have a reservation with NCL and was considering transferring it to TA. I have used an online TA before but they charge me $25 "service" fee for each of our staterooms. (We have 2)

Do you usually go with a local agency or are there better online agencies out there that do not charge a service fee?

If we transfer to our usual online TA we would gain $125 in OBC less the service charges - it's still $75 I didn't have before.

any advice?

Do you usually go with a local agency or are there better online agencies out there that do not charge a service fee?
There are definitely on-line TAs that do not charge service fees up front, but they may have other charges, or worse deals, or less generous perks, or worse service, etc. Or they may be truly better than the one you used previously. You should really shop around, but unfortunately recommendations/reviews of specific TAs is forbidden here, because CC has its own sales partners and advertisers.

There are definitely on-line TAs that do not charge service fees up front, but they may have other charges, or worse deals, or less generous perks, or worse service, etc. Or they may be truly better than the one you used previously. You should really shop around, but unfortunately recommendations/reviews of specific TAs is forbidden here, because CC has its own sales partners and advertisers.

I transferred to an online TA. They did not charge fees. She gave me the choice of rebooking at a lower rate (did it 2 days after I booked with NCL, so the same promotion was in effect) or getting OBC. I rebooked to save the money.

We just booked a cruise directly with NCL and the total came to $1677 with $25 obboard credit. Found the same sailing being offered by a travel agent online for the $1677 but with $200 credit. I called NCL and requested my reservation be released. They emailed me a form, I filled it out and emailed it back. No charges at all. Whenever the rate drops or a new promotion comes up that makes better sense financially I can have them rebook it at the new rate.

I made the reservation almost 3 months ago.

I think the price has currently risen and I also think the type of room I have booked is no longer available.

I thought a transfer would just keep all of details the same. I don't want to cancel and rebook with the new agent.

The NCL form says I can transfer my reservation "up to 60 days from Creation." I made the reservation on February 9th so I think I am too late.

I made the reservation almost 3 months ago.

I think the price has currently risen and I also think the type of room I have booked is no longer available.

I thought a transfer would just keep all of details the same. I don't want to cancel and rebook with the new agent.

The NCL form says I can transfer my reservation "up to 60 days from Creation." I made the reservation on February 9th so I think I am too late.

Yes, it's too late. The only way to transfer your booking now would be to cancel and rebook. In order to keep the same booking exactly "as is" with the prices you booked at and whatever promo you received you would have had to transfer within 60 days.