Smoking Areas on Breakaway

DKLI

Hi All,

We are new to Norwegian and I have a question. We are on deck 10, starboard side, in the area directly above Maltings and the Cigar Bar. I'm a little concerned about smelling smoke while I'm out on my balcony. When I called Norwegian, the rep said that smoking isn't allowed outside in those areas because they are near food service areas. Has anyone stayed in that area and had any issues with smelling smoke from those venues while out on the balcony?

Thanks so much.

Karen

Hi All,

We are new to Norwegian and I have a question. We are on deck 10, starboard side, in the area directly above Maltings and the Cigar Bar. I'm a little concerned about smelling smoke while I'm out on my balcony. When I called Norwegian, the rep said that smoking isn't allowed outside in those areas because they are near food service areas. Has anyone stayed in that area and had any issues with smelling smoke from those venues while out on the balcony?

Thanks so much.

Karen

Karen I'm not sure but if you look at the deck plans you will be able to tell. Smoking permitted by maltings and fat cats on deck 8. Check the plans and u can see if you are on the same side of the ship

Geri

Hi All,

Thanks so much.

Karen

Hi Karen, I am a smoker I smoked outside out Maltings and Fat Cats on the BA.

That being said I have never stayed on deck 10. If you are sensitive to smoke you may want to see if you can move port. You will also get a great firework display port side :)

We were on the Getaway and walked along the waterfront area during the days for exercise. As soon as we got near that one area where there is the outdoor bar we turned around to walk the other way. I remember saying to my husband that I would not want to be in a balcony cabin near that area. I am very bothered by the smell of smoke. If you are the same you should try to move cabins to another area.

I was on the Breakaway last week and on deck 11 starboard. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and never once did we smell anything. Remember the ship is moving and for us at least it was breezy.

That's great to hear! Thanks so much!