Marseille on a Sunday

aquilegia

I've just realised that on our forthcoming cruise we'll be in Marseille on a Sunday. We've been there before and enjoy just strolling around the harbour and city, but on a Sunday I realise there won't be the fish market etc to enjoy. I don't really want to go on a tour, so I was wondering what there is to do on Sunday. Does the tourist train still run up to Notre Dame de la Garde, for instance, and is there still a frequent boat service to If Castle? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I've just realised that on our forthcoming cruise we'll be in Marseille on a Sunday. We've been there before and enjoy just strolling around the harbour and city, but on a Sunday I realise there won't be the fish market etc to enjoy. I don't really want to go on a tour, so I was wondering what there is to do on Sunday. Does the tourist train still run up to Notre Dame de la Garde, for instance, and is there still a frequent boat service to If Castle? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

There is nothing on its website to say the Petit Train up to the cathedral won't be be running on a Sunday. I did that and enjoyed it. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]aNsFktA9o58[/YOUTUBE]