Norwegian Fiords question

flygod

Hi,

Getting ready for Norwegian Star from Copenhagen to the Fiords.

Have a nice corner balcony suite at the back. question is about cruising the fiords.

Does anyone know from previous experience if:

Would it be better to dine on our balcony to see the fiords as we go in and out of them after the day visits to Flam and Geiranger?

Will the Star cruise the fiords between dropping people off in the morning for excursions and collecting them later?

Many thanks,

Follow-up question:

If we go ashore, and the ship is due to depart at 5pm, what is the last time we can get aboard?

(In Norway, previous and next ports are Norway too, so no immigration/customs issues etc)

Hi,

Getting ready for Norwegian Star from Copenhagen to the Fiords.

Have a nice corner balcony suite at the back. question is about cruising the fiords.

Does anyone know from previous experience if:

Would it be better to dine on our balcony to see the fiords as we go in and out of them after the day visits to Flam and Geiranger?

It depends if your on a May or August sailing, once it dark you can't see them. If it's still daylight then it's a nice idea. You need to be on port side sailing into gerainger to see the seven sisters waterfall

Will the Star cruise the fiords between dropping people off in the morning for excursions and collecting them later?

No - the ship docks for the day. The cruise through the fjords is getting to the port.

Many thanks,

Follow-up question:

If we go ashore, and the ship is due to depart at 5pm, what is the last time we can get aboard?

Usually 30 minutes or an hour before. Some of these ports are so small that they don't need an hour

(In Norway, previous and next ports are Norway too, so no immigration/customs issues etc)

No customs issues

I've answered after each of your questions. You will be better asking questions on the port boards if you want specific info

Edited by Tiggertastic

I cruised the fjords a few years ago and I'm going again this year. The best views of Geiranger were on the way in an out. I booked a balcony this time because last time I had an inside cabin, and the public areas of the ship (RCCL Vision) were very crowded as we sailed in and out.

The ship docks in the morning and stays put until departure in the evening.

They will tell you the time of the last tender when you leave the ship. Last time I was there, the wind caused trouble with tendering, so some people didn't get off the ship until after 1PM, they ended up postponing our departure time by a bit so it wasn't a complete loss for people in the later groups.