independent port wedding + cruise

circee

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116269&page=3&pp=25

Check out this thread and you will find a post by Mandygirl. She has links to her wedding on St. Johns and info. This may answer some of your questions. I have looked into this site and may work with them on our vow renewal. Stacy was very prompt in returning all my e-mails.

You might also do a search for weddings on the particular island you are interested in. There are many planners out there especially for St. Thomas/St. John because of the ease of getting a license.

Another link I found is weddingstheislandway.com and you might try virginisles.com and there is info on the island plus weddings.

Good luck. I think a ceremony on a beach sounds so wonderful and hope to do that for our renewal.

I'm getting married in Jamaica and I am not going through the cruise line. I was hesitant using Royal Romance b/c there were so many mixed reviews. I ended up finding my own local wedding coordinator and will be getting a lot more for a lot less money!

Thanks for the suggestions. Pandabebe, can you email info on the coordinator you are using: clangston@sunflower.com. Thanks. For some reason I can't access mandy's links but I'll try again now that I can get back in cruise critic or email her.

Good-luck everyone on your upcoming weddings. My daughter has her heart set on a beach wedding so I'm trying to figure out how to swing it without taking out a second mortgage on the house;)

We are getting married in Santorini next month and used a private wedding planner that was recommended on this site. So far they have been wonderful, quick to reply and very helpful.:)

We originally started our planning with Royal Romance but to be honest they were hopeless - I would have no faith in them planning my important day if their lack of response, interest and manner on the phone was any indication.

Good luck with whatevr you decide.

Jane

Doing it myself at Key West port stop - I was scared of the 'Devil May Care' attitude I continually hear about with Royal Romance. With 6 months to go and most of my vendors hired, I feel like I made a great decision.

We will be having a cocktail party on board, but the ceremony was what was most impt to me, so I wanted control of who/what/where - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have that control with RR.

Best of Luck!

Hi Circee,

You did not mention what port you were thinking of, so I'm not sure if this will help.

After looking at these boards and speaking with the people at Royal Romance I was very unsure of using them to plan my wedding. I asked my travel agent and he told me about a company called A Wedding for You. I called them and was really impressed with the people there. I am fairly certain that do weddings in ports other than St. Thomas, but I never asked. They were also much less expensive than the cruise line.

The lady I am dealing with is Patty, she has been great. The wedding is next month and we are getting married directly on the beach. Hopefuly all will go as planned and it will be lovely.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. My daughter isn't particular on the island, she just wants it on the beach:)

Key West is a good idea because it should be easier to get the license. Scottishflower could you share what your arranged there? If you prefer to email me (see post above) that would be fine.

I will also check into A Wedding For You.

We are really really on a tight budget so a wedding coordinator would be nice but probably not possible.

Good-luck to all of you on your weddings!!

Archived