What to do in Freeport?

carnival03

We have a restricted time frame of 7-130PM for Freeport and I'm assuming the back on board time is 12:30 or 1:00. Last time we were at Freeport was in 2011, and there wasn't much at the port area and of what was there didn't open to late, so we went to port Lucaya. Can anyone tell me what is there now? I've been thinking of different things we could do.

A. Get off the ship at 7AM go to port Lucaya, spend about 3 hours there, come back to port.

B. Get off the ship later and enjoy port area.

C. Stay on ship.

I just don't know what to do considering I've heard the area has changed since 2011, any suggestions.

We were just there, the port area had one bar/restaurant, I dont recall the name. They were building a new Harley Davidson type one, but it didn't look real close to opening. There were some souvenir shops, but nothing special.

Maybe seeing what the offered shore excursions are will give you some ideas to explore on your own.

We went to the marketplace, all the shops. It was cloudy and started storming. If we went back there this time I would want to check out the beach, can you just go a look at the beach? When I say that I mean, can you go walking on it for a few minutes. Not really looking to make this port a long beach day considering the time frame.

returned from freeport recently, Not much has changed in port area. The freeport townsite is probably at least 5 or 6 miles away and is completely spread out. Likely senior frogs and another restaurant will be open for your stay at the port area.

otherwise it is port lucaya and wander around that area. You can walk to the beach from lucaya ( across the street ) probably takes 10 minutes

We went to the marketplace, all the shops. It was cloudy and started storming. If we went back there this time I would want to check out the beach, can you just go a look at the beach? When I say that I mean, can you go walking on it for a few minutes. Not really looking to make this port a long beach day considering the time frame.

If you want to take a look, I wouldn't enter through the guard stand. Instead, walk over to the hotel lobby and follow the sidewalk around out to the beach.

Thanks everyone. I think Freeport has the potential to be an awesome port, but with the times, its hard to plan something. Maybe we will just "wing it" that day.

To just "wing it" is a Good Plan! :)

LuLu