First time cruise with kids - help me stop freaking out

WestSideDrew

We did our first cruise last year and I was freaking out over same things, my kids were 12 and 16, though. I went with NCL 2 bedroom haven suite. We had plenty of room to relax and we used our cabin a lot, to get away from people. The haven has less people and the butler service spoiled us( which was what I was hoping for my husband, to sail again). Oldest loved the teen club, youngest didn't go back. That was ok, she had books and we like to play cards and dominoes. I started giving everyone bonimine(sp) 3 days before. It was the first time a flight didn't make me woozie!! NCL does not sit you wit other families, unless you request it. So I suggest research the cruise line and the cabins/ suites. This is our vacation, time to relax, reconnect with each other and family time, from our crazy schedules. We did some shows, some games but more often than not we hung out on the balcony.

we had booked our first, on NCL Pride in Hawaii. we had months to sort thru listings for excursions. we too are first timers and not certain it will be for us. many excursions have different time slots. our first real day we are doing a mid day excursion with mild activities. we did not over schedule, and a couple of days I want for beaching, noshing, and fun. Take time to review the fun activities. I hope you do well.