Shore Excursions on St John's

NOVACruisers

What's up with the paltry shore excursions from HAL for the port of St. John's Antigua? I've looked up the port of call on this site and seen lots of folks asking questions about excursions offered by other lines. Is it possible they will add any between now and December?

:p We are cruising on the Maasdam (again) in November and have the same question as you! Would love it if anyone has suggestions for St. John's!

Well Linda&Vern, I am beginning to think that the folks on this board are more interested in arguing with each other than answering any questions. I've been checking the Shore Excursion board for St John's on this web site and it seems that many folks do their own thing. The most popular seems to be an island tour with Sunny Liston (sights, shopping and beach) or day pass to Pineapple Beach. I think I'll keep researching, but think we're leaning towards the beach day pass and getting there ourselves by taxi. Everyone warns though that the taxi rates have climbed significantly due to the recent hike in gas prices. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Jim,

The OP is asking about the island of Antigua. The name of the town is St. John's.

Novacruisers,

I have been there once but just for a couple of hours since the ship had problems and we arrived late. There was a complex of shops near the dock. There is nothing much in town. The island is noted for beaches.

It is hard to tell of they will add any excursions but sometimes when you board there are excursions that were not listed on Hal's site.

We sailed with the NCL and there is not alot of excursions to do, except island tours. As has been mentioned St. Johns is right there at the dock and easily walked. It is a typical Caribbean island town and we enjoyed walked throught the maze on one of the streets. We were approached nicely about sharing a ride of a tour of the island for $20 each, which did not take.

Archived