Transfer from Seward to Denali questions

ponstad

We will be doing the NB Alaskan cruise tour on the Oosterdam leaving at the end of August with two nights at Denali. What time can we expect to arrive at Denali on the HAL-provided bus that leaves from Seward? There is a program at the Denali Education Center that sounds interesting - and it starts at 5 pm - just wondering if we arrive in time to see it!

I am assuming there are stops for lunch, etc - any information about the bus trip would be appreciated.

Thanks so much -

ponstad

I've done it the other way, Denali to Seward. I don't recall the exact timing but it's pretty much an all-day ride, much of it very scenic, especially the part around Turnagain Arm - try for seating on the driver's (left) side of the bus. There is a very nice lunch stop and a couple of toilet breaks. You should arrive in Denali in time for your event, but not with a lot of time to spare.

Edited by Dave in NJ

We also did the Denali to Seward way. We left Denali around 9:00a, stopped in Wasilla for a buffet lunch (no charge) for an hour or so, stopped at a wildlife refuge midway between Anchorage and Seward for about an hour and arrived at the ship around 5:00p. No other stops.

I was dreading such a long bus trip, but it turned out to be very good. It was the nicest bus I've ever been in: leather seats with plenty of leg room, and an hour or so movie in the less scenic part. I wish we had made a photo-op stop or two, especially in the Turnagain Arm area, but no dice.