Anyone know anything about cabin # 8462 on the Magic?

I'm curious too. We have the same stateroom on the Dream this December. My DS & BIL have the wrap-a-round next door. We are hoping to open the partition to get an even bigger balcony. :)

We were in 8466 (the wrap next door) on the Magic last October (Ebola cruise -- whoop!) -- definitely no obstructions in that neighborhood. And yes, the partition between the wrap and the extended balcony DO open up --- ours was left accidentally open after the previous cruise.

Awesome! Thanks. My DS & BIL will be very pleased. I wish I could get a better look at those 2 Staterooms, though. Do you have any pics of yours?

I think I do...I will check when I get off work :cool:

Awesome! Thanks. My DS & BIL will be very pleased. I wish I could get a better look at those 2 Staterooms, though. Do you have any pics of yours?

You may be able to find actual pictures of the cabins on a cruise line rooms type site

Edited by dave_k58

We had this type of cabin on the Splendor, and loved it. The bed faced the balcony, which gave us a nice view since we were able to look straight out while in bed. Bathroom was on the opposite wall of the entrance. It felt very roomy. The balcony was also double the size of a regular balcony. There was a chair, table, and lounger out there.

Is there a website for cabin pictures?

Couldn't find your exact room anywhere per Google, but here is an example of your balcony view, although you won't have the aft view. You will be able to see the Promenade deck below, but won't have the sloping view of balconies below as seen here:

20141012_175234.jpg.86e01134b44ceaa010da95fb211273a2.jpg

In the interior shot, I am standing in front of make-up mirror/desk area -- it's a tight squeeze past that one corner of the bed, but otherwise, we had plenty of room. The door to balcony is to right of shoe/wine bottle holder. Not seen to the far left is one more closet and the door to the interior passageway.

In the balcony shot, I am standing at the end closest to the next aft balcony and looking towards the wrap.

Hope those help!

20141012_152622.jpg.8155a2f22f7adc4f6f256755c02cdbd7.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg.36ccf99869880f490d30a4aee8228b8c.jpg

In the interior shot, I am standing in front of make-up mirror/desk area -- it's a tight squeeze past that one corner of the bed, but otherwise, we had plenty of room. The door to balcony is to right of shoe/wine bottle holder. Not seen to the far left is one more closet and the door to the interior passageway.

In the balcony shot, I am standing at the end closest to the next aft balcony and looking towards the wrap.

Hope those help!

Thank a bunch! I'll show these to my Sister.

• 1 month later...

I always look on cruiselinerooms for cabin pics. Sometimes if the same cabin is pictured on a different, but same class ship, I'll check those out. I've tried googling ship/cabin numbers, but don't seem to have much luck with finding real pics that way.

So, to all you people out there, do us a favor and post your cabin pics to that site - it's really helpful.

This is one of the L-Shaped cabins at the back, I've read that some of these have couches & some don't. Also that in some of these, the tv is above the bed so that you would have to lay at the foot of the bed to watch tv. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug