Radiance of the Seas - Aft

GMC

I have reserved cabin #1602 on Radiance of the Seas. This is a aft cabin. Anyone have any experience with this cabin previously? Aft cabins in general? This will be my first cruise on the aft.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANX!! :D :D :D

I have reserved cabin #1602 on Radiance of the Seas. This is a aft cabin. Anyone have any experience with this cabin previously? Aft cabins in general? This will be my first cruise on the aft.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANX!! :D :D :D

Every thing we've read and heard is that aft cabins are great. We'll be in 1600 on 9/24/05 to Hawaii, any chance you're next door?

Bill

We've been in 1100 (another aft JS) and loved it. We're in 1600 for an upcoming Brilliance trip, then 1602 on Jewel next year. Just need Serenade for the quadfecta.

Some will tell you that the aft is rocky (only a little bit), it's a looong walk down the hall to get there (it is, especially when you've had a few), there's soot from above (false on the Radiance class, which is the cleanest-burning gas turbine engine in the fleet) and that people from the Windjammer can see you (only if you're at the rail & only from the shoulders up). Once you walk out on your balcony and see the view, you won't care a whit. I spent a ton of time out there, even in cold weather (it was a late-season Alaska cruise) because it was so fantastic. I saw that our neighbors on the aft also spent a lot of time outdoors, too. The cabin is great, too - queen (or twin) bed, sofa, comfy chair with ottoman, tons of storage. The closet is a walk-in, large enough to change in if you feel the urge. The bathroom is standard issue JS - tub, one sink, but plenty of space for one.

You'll love it!

Just got off the Mariner aft (7392) and I love the JS, but I wasn't that impressed with the aft view. We looked down to a gray floor that wasn't used for anything and you don't get a clear view of the water. The Mariner structure that runs quite a bit further than the balcony. The long walk wasn't all that bad, the large balcony was great but the view wasn't impressive. I would rather have a JS on the side. Just my thoughts! My brother was 2 doors down and loved the aft view.

If you have the ability to rethink....... I would do the midships Hump cabins over the Aft every time.

These people who rave for the aft cabins have never stayed in a cabin like 9078 to see the difference. You still get the HUGE balcony without the problems of the aft cabins.

The problems that they try to justify with statements like:

"The long walks down 125 feet of narrow hallway only takes a minute longer."

"The exercise is good for you".:cool:

"You are indulging in food and drink to excess (usually people on a cruise do this) so walk it off." ;)

"You'll get used to that rumbling and vibration from the engines by the third day.":mad:

"The all night clanging of the flag against the flagpole over the aft balconies was kinda' patriotic" :eek:

Book the Midships Hump Cabin instead

I just love it when people post negative things about the aft cabins. Hopefully everyone will think they are the most horrible cabins on the ship.:D If that happens I won't have any trouble getting one for myself. I have three of them booked right now, and plan my cruise date around when I can get one. If none are available will it stop me from cruising... no.... but I will take an aft before another cabin.

Flag? What flag? Never heard one. No rumbling of the engines, either, on the Radiance class. On the Sun class (Princess), the shaking of the aft nearly knocked us out of bed (ok, I'm exaggerating just a bit), but only when we came into port. I never had a problem falling back asleep after.

Cabin 9078 isn't a junior suite, either. There are no hump JS cabins on a Radiance class ship.

:p

This is such a subjective issue; everyone has different needs and tastes. For myself, though I've had all kinds of cabins, I go for the JS aft every time I can get one. I agree that the Voyager class aft cabins can feel a bit hemmed in, but the Radiance class are wide open to the ocean. The JS aft is my all-time favorite (they even have a doorbell.)

Don't worry--you have a great cabin and you're going to love it.

deck 7 aft.....the only info I have is at night noise from the Colony Club on 6 has gotten a bit loud....however ... I have never stayed on deck 7....people say the same about deck 10 and the Windjammer.....however I still stay on deck 10...think 9 is our favorite due to a bit of overhang from deck 10 ...gives a bit more shade.

Lou

We had aft deck 7 in June on the Serenade...7176 I think. The noise from the club was very limited. I can't stand to hear music "thumping" but there was never anything to bother me, but we were seldom in the room before midnight. This cabin has been our favorite out of 6 cruises....I would take an aft anytime, especially on a Radiance class ship.

cincicruisers--I'm so jealous. We always book aft, and out of all cabins we've had, 1100 is my all time favorite. It's no larger than the other JS cabins, I don't think, but the door and window, plus the wide balcony, makes it feel more spacious than it actually is. Every night, we'd open the drapes wide and fall asleep watching the sky and stars, while listening to the wake.

I'm sure you're going to love it.

Archived