I need Marquesas help!

gdlamberth

Those of you that have been to Nuku Hiva, I need your expertise. Has anyone ever been to Hakaui Falls (1148 ft, highest in the Pacific)? According to my "Hidden Tahiti" one can get a charter a boat from Taioha'e to Hakaui then hike (2 hours each way) to the falls. Has anyone done this? Can you recommend a boat/guide? This seems like it would be a great trip (weather and trail condition permitting). Just don't know how to set it up. We'll be in Taioha'e from 0800 until 1800 so there appears to be time.

Greg

Greg -

We were on the TP for the Marquesas tour last February. On Nuku Hiva, we toured the island with Jocelyne. She is one of few English speaking guides that goes to the other side of the island. It was an amazing 4x4 tour. Her husband has a boat, and he offers tours to Hakaui Falls.

You can search for her website (http://www.marquisesvoyages.com.pf/) and translate it into English. Her email is jocelyne@mail.pf

We communicated with her through email and set up our tour before we left the states.

Best of luck and enjoy your trip! Toni

• 4 weeks later...

Greg,

I don't know if you are still looking for info on Nuku Hiva, but we were on the same cruise as Toni. (Hi, Toni) We used Claude Gerard's tour and Marie-Jo was our guide. If you will go to our personal website at www.thepreismans.com you will find an in depth review with loads of pictures and all of the contact information you will need for Polynesia.

Enjoy,

Archived