Do you do research before booking/traveling???

tel2

What is Tripit? DH leaves all of the planning to me and would love for him to have an app that he could search for trip details.

It's a FREE online itinerary planner that also has smartphone apps (also free) You can sign up here. They also offer a paid version, without ads, but the free one does everything we want it to do... very easy to use as well.

For me planning /research is half the fun.

1st family vacation was WDW where planning is essential. Was always amazed how people would show up surprised they couldn't eat in the castle that day and the lines were long arriving at noon in Christmas week.

So yes I am an obsessive planner and I have Disney to thank for my necessary obsessive

Research:-)

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

We have taken some fairly adventurous trips (Africa, South America, all over Europe, Japan, Korea, etc.) where planning is absolutely essential. Not being able to communicate in a massive foreign city is highly intimidating for me. On a cruise or beach vacation I do not what an itinerary by any means. Relax relax relax! Although what I do want to know is what my options are. If we get bored or need a change of scenery, I want to be informed enough to know what to do and where to go. I was just now looking over all over the bars on the Escape (and thinking I've got a lot of drinking to do so I have a chance to enjoy them all!)

As I read so many negative reviews online, I always think some planning or research before hand would solve the 'problem'. Having knowledge of what you're getting into goes a long way. I just read a review complaining there are no real beaches on Key West. And the resort pool way tiny. 5 minutes on Google could have told you that before you had to figure it out for yourself and suddenly become disappointed. So yes, I am an over-researcher!