Booking Back to Back with Platinum rewards.

karoo

A quick question. If you are booking a 14 day cruise as opposed to booking the two 7 day cruises separately (different itineraries) do you get the Platinum rewards twice or only once. I have usually booked B2Bs as two separate cruises and received a Platinum rewards on both legs. If I decide to just book the cruise as one 14 day cruise will I still get the Platinum Rewards for both legs or do I receive just one?

A quick question. If you are booking a 14 day cruise as opposed to booking the two 7 day cruises separately (different itineraries) do you get the Platinum rewards twice or only once. I have usually booked B2Bs as two separate cruises and received a Platinum rewards on both legs. If I decide to just book the cruise as one 14 day cruise will I still get the Platinum Rewards for both legs or do I receive just one?

If you book the 14 day cruise it's considered ONE cruise and you will only get your Platinum perks once.

If you book a 7 day B2B which equals 14 days it is considered two cruises and you will get your Platinum perks twice.

I know this because when I did my Panama Canal cruise from Miami to LA and then from LA to Miami I could have booked it as a 14 day but was told if I booked it as a B2B it would be considered two cruises giving me more Platinum benefits....and that's what I did.

Miami to La - All platinum perks in the room plus dinner for 2 for the both of use with wine both times and 1 laundry bag per person. All other platinum perks.

La to Miami - Same as above.

It, actually, was cheaper booking it as a B2B as well!

Harriet

Thanks-at the moment the combined itinerary for the sailing I've put a deposit on is cheaper for the combined, but I do like the dinner, wine, chocolates, laundry, latitude parties, tender priority so I think I'll stick with my original booking. Usually it is cheaper to book separately, but that seems to be another of the changes at the moment. (for the Europe cruises-haven't checked out the US ones.)

Yes you do. I used to book them separately for that purpose until Jorge the Cruise Consultant on board on one of his sailings told me that I do not need to do that.

Following that advice from Jorge I booked a B@B on the Jade last year and obtained all Platinmum + perks on both weeks. I obtained all pertinent vouchers delivered at the beginning of the 2nd sailing.

Good luck.

If you book the 14 day cruise it's considered ONE cruise and you will only get your Platinum perks once.

If you book a 7 day B2B which equals 14 days it is considered two cruises and you will get your Platinum perks twice.

I know this because when I did my Panama Canal cruise from Miami to LA and then from LA to Miami I could have booked it as a 14 day but was told if I booked it as a B2B it would be considered two cruises giving me more Platinum benefits....and that's what I did.

Miami to La - All platinum perks in the room plus dinner for 2 for the both of use with wine both times and 1 laundry bag per person. All other platinum perks.

La to Miami - Same as above.

It, actually, was cheaper booking it as a B2B as well!

Harriet

I think you were told incorrectly. We booked a cruise as one booking that was also possible as a b2b. We received our platinum perks for each segment even though it was one booking. Even our key card had the final disembarkation date on it, not the interim date. It was definitely one booking but we got our platinum perks for both segments.

I think you were told incorrectly

Either way.....we booked it as a B2B, it was cheaper, we got all Platinum perks twice....once for the first 7 days and again for the 2nd 7 days.

Harriet